• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Got my firestick up and running 👌🏻
Does a firestick work without an internet connection?

I fitted a Chromecast, but it refuses to do anything unless it can connect to the internet, even though I only want to cast content I have stored on a USB stick plugged into my travel router.
 
Ordered longer rear gas struts from SGS arivved well packed just 2 days later on Sat 29th Jan fitted with help of my son (6feet tall) in 10 minutes just like others on the forums good head clearance no more head banging (except for AC-DC) recommended modifications to make life easier and safer.
 
Does a firestick work without an internet connection?

I fitted a Chromecast, but it refuses to do anything unless it can connect to the internet, even though I only want to cast content I have stored on a USB stick plugged into my travel router.
Nah I've just set my phone up as a hotspot on it.
 
2x Before and last pic after tucked up in garage.

dirty to clean and OCD put back in check

🤪
 

Attachments

  • 1A8F8177-FD82-495A-84E8-3D4CEFBF28C5.jpeg
    1A8F8177-FD82-495A-84E8-3D4CEFBF28C5.jpeg
    624.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 9BC4C939-067C-4481-BDF5-61C49F76AD50.jpeg
    9BC4C939-067C-4481-BDF5-61C49F76AD50.jpeg
    870.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 86138755-C023-42EF-A29A-33B04DCDBD9C.jpeg
    86138755-C023-42EF-A29A-33B04DCDBD9C.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 17
I really don't like working on cars this time of year, but I had been aching to do atleast something to the bus.

I was perusing Amazon for some of the finest underglow LEDs china could produce, at £32.00 I had found a bargain.


They strobe, fade and 'dance' along to the radio, if I wasnt so cheap i would of got one with an app but this one will suffice for now.

Next thing ill be doing is throwing some coilovers on, I really want some trim for the front / rear bumper / side skirts but I doubt that will happen this side of the year.
 
Nah I've just set my phone up as a hotspot on it.
You can pick a 4G router for about £75
unlimited data off giffgaff for £25 a month, no contract.
I keep it on a £6 plan until I go away then up it for a month.
 
You can pick a 4G router for about £75
unlimited data off giffgaff for £25 a month, no contract.
I keep it on a £6 plan until I go away then up it for a month.
For the amount the van gets used it wouldn't be worth it. I get 60gb data on my contract anyway. Ideal for someone who uses it daily though.
 
For the amount the van gets used it wouldn't be worth it. I get 60gb data on my contract anyway. Ideal for someone who uses it daily though.
Horses for courses @Deanhempshall , I've got the Elgrand, self-build motorhome and a data hungry ten year old. I move the router between the three of them 🤣 🤣
 
I really don't like working on cars this time of year, but I had been aching to do atleast something to the bus.

I was perusing Amazon for some of the finest underglow LEDs china could produce, at £32.00 I had found a bargain.


They strobe, fade and 'dance' along to the radio, if I wasnt so cheap i would of got one with an app but this one will suffice for now.

Next thing ill be doing is throwing some coilovers on, I really want some trim for the front / rear bumper / side skirts but I doubt that will happen this side of the year.
put the Amazon link up mate.
 
Went to the dump with all the c**p that accumulated in the garage over the past few years!
Now the garage is tidied, so hopefully I can start putting the Elgrand back together! :relieved:

DSC_3874.JPGDSC_3877.JPGDSC_3880.JPGDSC_3881.JPGDSC_3887.JPGDSC_3888.JPG
 
Does a firestick work without an internet connection?

I fitted a Chromecast, but it refuses to do anything unless it can connect to the internet, even though I only want to cast content I have stored on a USB stick plugged into my travel router.
Chromecast (and the like) need to be on the same network as the receiving device so don't need internet. Firestick, Now TV stick etc stream content from T'internet so need a connection
 
Love your garage @Richard Fox you lucky, lucky b'stard!
I live in a town terrace so my garage is the street :(
I'm lucky to have a garage but compared to Richard's it's like a small cupboard. The Elgrand won't go in it ☹️
 
Chromecast (and the like) need to be on the same network as the receiving device so don't need internet. Firestick, Now TV stick etc stream content from T'internet so need a connection
Chromecast don't work properly without an internet connection, they always use Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and will display an error if they can't connect to some google server that provides time and weather information.

All these streaming sticks connect directly to the source material, providing a remote control interface for your phone to control playback.

There are several apps (like VLC) that will "serve" data from a local device as if it were an internet CDN service, but they won't work if the streaming stick has decided it's not connected to the internet.

Firestick can also run Kodi to play local content without second device, but again it's worthless if it won't boot up without an internet connection.
 
Love your garage @Richard Fox you lucky, lucky b'stard!
I live in a town terrace so my garage is the street :(

I'm lucky to have a garage but compared to Richard's it's like a small cupboard. The Elgrand won't go in it ☹️

Unfortunately we rent the house so I need to make the most of it at the moment! lol
It even has a 7ft pit underneath the Elgrand! :eek:
 
Back
Top