• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Can get some photos of them, but I've only seen them on a Japan auction site called "Jauce" (bit like ebay) and they don't work out cheap as you have to pay a lot of fees/charges, and then shipping to UK, and you'll also get hit with UK customs tax.
I'll get a few photos uploaded tomorrow and message you back with them.

Wife took the wagon this weekend along with her parents, sister 2 nieces and our 2 kids to Clacton for some caravan action. I'm told it's still in one piece but a bit dirty.

replaced new battery today,60ah 520cca bosch s3+,2 year warranty,$125.99.car start 1st crank now.
also replaced cr2032 battery for remote,its now more sensitive

A little delayed, but I have fitted some coilies :thumbup:

received_10153410186143535_zpseymr6uza.jpeg

20150627_183451_zpspgzm0vm5.jpg

Cleaned the interior, washed carpets... (never ever do this in the washing machine when SWMBO is home :slap:)
It was just a little dirt, a few rubber marks - only 3 washes @ 95deg and me scrubbing for 20 mins to clean. :sad:
Don't see the problem its not like she had to clean it.

Worked out some of the "info" panel functions.

Polished the headlight and tail light lenses.

Played with the many seating arrangements.

Was going to wash it but cut hedge and weeded the drive instead. :lazy:

Just read through all the posts as Im new on here, Took my daughters E50 for a rear brake check after failing the mot. One fitter said he would have passed it as they are rears and don't do a lot anyway! the other fitter said there was a bit of a wobble showing out of round drum, and he would have failed it! So its passed but it will need sorting. Just one more week till I get my E51VG.Its coming from Worcester Road Motors, Stourport on Trent. They seem to have a good setup! Any comments from anyone?
Regards Rod.

Got up this morning feeling a little rough, so thought I'd get out and give the van a basic clean. Then loaded it up with 5 garden chairs, parasol, sack of play balls, baby sit in entertainment thingmebob, a load of pop up tents, the kids and the wife then we went of for BBQ and drinks...think she will be driving home

Slow :laugh: The front arches rub something chronic, but it's all good fun :thumbup:

400 miles in two days, with my SUP on the new roof rack. (First loaded trip!)
From South Wales down to Chichister and back for a SUP, bike, run triathalon.

Have fitted some BC racing Coilover fully adjustable suspension front and back recently. Also fitted a pair of refurbished and powder coated brake calipers with new pads and also fitted some adjustable sway bar links.
Have just recvd some grooved and drilled(well pimples actually) which will be fitted some once I receive some steel braided brake hose.
Have put some photos below.

Nice. I'm in the process of doing the same. I have installed rear dampers and I am finding they need to be cranked up to around 25 clicks in order to be equivalent to the Nismo dampers I am replacing. However, the BC dampers seem to have much more constant/linear rebound than the old Nismo ones (which are probably now 15 years old....but still servicable).
Could I ask what brand named rotors? I have a set of standard PROTEX but now thinking about a drilled set purely for the look.

Nice. I'm in the process of doing the same. I have installed rear dampers and I am finding they need to be cranked up to around 25 clicks in order to be equivalent to the Nismo dampers I am replacing. However, the BC dampers seem to have much more constant/linear rebound than the old Nismo ones (which are probably now 15 years old....but still servicable).
Could I ask what brand named rotors? I have a set of standard PROTEX but now thinking about a drilled set purely for the look.
They are made by Ebc brakes, couldn't find any in UK at the time so had to get a set imported, at great cost, cos they ain't lightweight, but you might find a set in UK now.

Transferred my new personal plate onto the bus and got some Japanese size plates made and fitted. Looks so much better now!

Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)
Took the ol girl for mot ..failed but not badly 150 should do it so pleased with that gonna go out now and try removing rear corner seat belt ..wish me luck..

Changed the bulbs on the rear number plate today ..big pain as had to take the whole assembly out to make it easier to get to the screws out as they were well rusted .but put some led in so that won't want doing again in hurry ..but did put some nice new shiny stainless steel screws back in ..job done..

Well got through mot ..cost just under 300 squid..that's including 80 towards new windscreen ..now that leaves just one left in the UK for an e50..apparently according to nationwide anyway..so pleased with that ..getting prepped up now for weekend away at fairford airshow..

Installed a flexible 100w solar panel and regulator to keep the leisure battery topped up. The routing of the wiring from the lifting roof top to the regulator was a little tricky, particularly as the interior trim that needed removing was immovable due to the cupboards installed against it, but got there in the end. Tested by leaving the 'fridge and two banks of interior lights on without running the engine or EHU for 40 hrs and battery is still full. Obviously won't do as well in winter but it won't be required most of the time. Happy with things so far.

David

Nice little Garson DAD heel guard fitted mats.
Got one fitted to passenger side mat too, looks better with two on rather than just one.
Finally sorted out the passenger side window electroluminescent panel and all is now working as it should after having to fit a replacement driver.
View attachment 949

Back