• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Probably same as I got this late November ...its getting better all the time ...what did you finish up with
I looked at yours (if its the same one) as it was in my price range at the time and not too far from me, but came into more cash so I could afford an un-damaged one.
got my S2 also from Yorkshire, in almost mint condition with 43.000miles and loads of extra's. got lucky I think :D

Attachments

• 20240111_140604.jpg
    20240111_140604.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 13
Filled up In Germany at €1.989 for Super Plus (98
65 litres for a 505KM range on the previous tank!
Not bad for an engine that's 500km away from turning 270,000km!
Also got dirty again due to the cr*p weather! lol

I looked at yours (if its the same one) as it was in my price range at the time and not too far from me, but came into more cash so I could afford an un-damaged one.
got my S2 also from Yorkshire, in almost mint condition with 43.000miles and loads of extra's. got lucky I think :D
Yea it was a relatively cheap motor but the basics were good and yes it had a few issues but I'm working through em and with the support and freely given knowledge from the good folks on here it is rapidly becoming a great car and now woth much more .. but its a keeper

Yea it was a relatively cheap motor but the basics were good and yes it had a few issues but I'm working through em and with the support and freely given knowledge from the good folks on here it is rapidly becoming a great car and now woth much more .. but its a keeper
your doing what i planed on doing to it, glad its a good one, enjoy 👍

Fitted the light bar I bought from @LeStempy, S1 into S2 will go, but on close inspection it "aint pretty". Once the MOT is out of the way on May 1st I'll sort out the wiring and post a video of the bar in action.
lightbar.jpg

Is it just the difference in bar to corner lights that makes you say it ain’t pretty Keith. @RuskinStreet
The s1 corners would obviously match it perfectly ( would have the same rebate effect around the edges )—- I’m assuming the ones you have on in the pic are still s2?

Fitted the light bar I bought from @LeStempy, S1 into S2 will go, but on close inspection it "aint pretty". Once the MOT is out of the way on May 1st I'll sort out the wiring and post a video of the bar in action.
View attachment 100962

Is it just the difference in bar to corner lights that makes you say it ain’t pretty Keith. @RuskinStreet
The s1 corners would obviously match it perfectly ( would have the same rebate effect around the edges )—- I’m assuming the ones you have on in the pic are still s2?
P.s—— Looks pretty to me mate :cool:

The S1 has less depth, you can see how the bar is lower than the corner lights, Dave. Biggest problem is that the S1 has cut outs for tail and brake lights the S2 is only tail lights and the existing bulb holder is too small, bit of electrical "jiggery-pokery" is in order o_O . There is also a slight difference in curvature so I am going to have to take it off again and bang a bit of black sealant in. If I don't do it the water off the rear screen can potentially find it's way into the door cavity. Fitting S1 corner lights sounds like a canny fix though 👍

The S1 has less depth, you can see how the bar is lower than the corner lights, Dave. Biggest problem is that the S1 has cut outs for tail and brake lights the S2 is only tail lights and the existing bulb holder is too small, bit of electrical "jiggery-pokery" is in order o_O . There is also a slight difference in curvature so I am going to have to take it off again and bang a bit of black sealant in. If I don't do it the water off the rear screen can potentially find it's way into the door cavity. Fitting S1 corner lights sounds like a canny fix though 👍
If the curvature is different as well ( I wasn’t sure) then I would try to confirm fitment of s1 corners before shelling out mate.

Remember to use a none setting sealant mate, you wouldn’t be the first to stick em in permanently lol

Back