• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Midlands West Midlands meet

Best time for you for monthly meet?

• Monday Evening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday Evening

• Wednesday Evening

• Thursday Evening

• Friday Evening

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Saturday Afternoon

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Saturday Evening

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Sunday Afternoon

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Sunday Evening

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Ian H

Midlands
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
After enjoying another good East Midlands meet, it would seem that there are a few people from further afield in the Midlands that would have liked to come, but it was just a bit too far for them. There must be a huge catchment of members in the Birmingham area that might like to meet for an informal chat, so it would seem like trying to set up a monthly West Midlands meet would be a good idea. I think being easy to get to is of paramount importance - The Castlewood Brewers Fayre for the East Midlands is on the Junction of the M1 and A38 which must help. So I have been looking for a Location in the West Midlands that is also easy to get to for as many people as possible with similar facilities to Castlewood Brewers Fayre, and have come up with The Beacon, which is a Harvester at Great Barr, near where the M5 joins the M6.

Location Map

This would be no more than about half an hours drive from just about anywhere from Birmingham to Wolverhampton, and not much longer for people further afield due to the proximity to the motorways.

I have set a poll for preferred meeting times, you can vote for all of the days/times which may suit you, and hopefully something can be set up that suits as many people as possible!

Last edited:
Hi Ian, any evening or Sunday afternoon is ok with me/us has we are retired!!🤭🐾 Hoping the event is Dog friendly tho! 🤞🤞🍻🤔 XX

Hi Ian,Anytime is ok for me as long as it doesnt clash with my work shift.Only an hour or so to drive to.👍

Iv looked at some of the Midlands meets but there to factor up the m1 ideally for me it would be around 24 on m1 or a50 a38 change over so I'm onluly looking at 2 hours each way instead of 3hours each way

The Beacon looks good for me as its next to a Premier Inn therefore I could have a drink or two and stay over but would need to be Saturday

Looks like Saturday afternoon is the winner! I suggest making it 2.00pm. That way those that want to can get down earlier and get a bite to eat first if they so wish. Shall we make the 8th Jan the first meet, or is that too soon?

Looks like Saturday afternoon is the winner! I suggest making it 2.00pm. That way those that want to can get down earlier and get a bite to eat first if they so wish. Shall we make the 8th Jan the first meet, or is that too soon?
Il put it in my calender see what I can do as il be coming from Preston direction

May be a bit soon for me as I will need to see what's going on at work when I go back on Tuesday also where are we to meet up

May be a bit soon for me as I will need to see what's going on at work when I go back on Tuesday also where are we to meet up

See OP. if we get a consensus on the date we will go for it, and keep it the x Saturday of the month thereafter.

I'm going to have to pull out of this one as mother in law has changed the day she's doing kids birthday party to the Saturday and it's 2 hours down andv2 hours back up for me

No problem, the idea is that it will be a monthly meet, so if you miss one there is always the next one. It also means that you don't have to worry too much about anything else clashing unless it is a different monthly meet that always falls on the same day of the month!

No problem, the idea is that it will be a monthly meet, so if you miss one there is always the next one. It also means that you don't have to worry too much about anything else clashing unless it is a different monthly meet that always falls on the same day of the month!
The ones im trying to orgonise northwest are last sat of the month to make remember8ng easy

would love to meet up with you guys at some point northwest/midlands are both good for us as we live in Biddulph North Staffs. I will keep an eye out for the next meets

I am thinking 2nd Saturday of the month would be best, although might be a bit too soon for this month?

I propose making the meeting 2nd Saturday of the month, mostly so that there is plenty of notice from today, so that would make the first meeting Saturday 12th February, 2.00pm, at The Beacon, Birmingham Road, Great Barr, B43 7AG near where the M5 joins the M6. Hope to see you there, but don't worry too much if you can't make it, there will always be the next month!

Back