• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Vehicle Inspection Report (DOWNLOADABLE)

This may help. Had two wheels damaged the other week when have tyres changed and the manager is very arsey about it all when I showed him pictures taken 30mins prior to fitting and they were immaculate.

Right then all your lovely people... I've had a few reports recently of people who have taken their cars to garages to have work done, only to find that the vehicle has been damaged when they come to pick it up. When they have questioned the garage about the damage, the response is pretty much always "must have been there when you dropped it off"...

Now, for those of you who are as anal as I am about the condition of your car... you will damn well know that the damage was NOT there before you dropped it off.

So, I have spent an hour of my time tonight pulling together the Vehicle Inspection Report that you can find attached to this post. Feel free to download it and use it however you want. If you trust the garage you go to, you may not feel the need to use it, but if you have to go somewhere new, we all know the apprehension of leaving out pride and joy in a strangers hands.

Now, I wholly anticipate that most garages will tell you to fuck off if you ask them to sign the disclaimer, but it cannot hurt to try. If they refuse to sign it, are you really going to trust them with your car? At the very least, they should take into account that this is a safety precaution for them too! If they go around the car and identify a mark that you have not noticed before, you will know that they did not do it and it will help prevent that argument. I would suggest that when you approach a garage and ask them to sign it that this document works BOTH ways and that it's not just YOU inspecting the vehicle's condition before you leave it, but THEY can inspect it too in order to cover themselves in the event of any potential claim.

Either way... this is the ElgrandOC Vehicle Inspection Report V1.1 (Version 1.0 was a disaster).

If anyone thinks it can be improved in any way, then please by all means either pass me on some feedback, or take it upon yourself to re-design and upload a new version.

I hope this provides at least some help to someone...
Extremely helpful! Thanks so much!!!

Thanks for this will come in handy & gives you a bit of piece of mind:p

I never ran into trouble with garage luckily, but this is definitely something that I will be using!

Thank you. Will try this with my next service.

Thankyou, This is a great idea

Very helpfull, I printed out a copy and tucked it in with my insurance paperwork

Right then all your lovely people... I've had a few reports recently of people who have taken their cars to garages to have work done, only to find that the vehicle has been damaged when they come to pick it up. When they have questioned the garage about the damage, the response is pretty much always "must have been there when you dropped it off"...

Now, for those of you who are as anal as I am about the condition of your car... you will damn well know that the damage was NOT there before you dropped it off.

So, I have spent an hour of my time tonight pulling together the Vehicle Inspection Report that you can find attached to this post. Feel free to download it and use it however you want. If you trust the garage you go to, you may not feel the need to use it, but if you have to go somewhere new, we all know the apprehension of leaving out pride and joy in a strangers hands.

Now, I wholly anticipate that most garages will tell you to fuck off if you ask them to sign the disclaimer, but it cannot hurt to try. If they refuse to sign it, are you really going to trust them with your car? At the very least, they should take into account that this is a safety precaution for them too! If they go around the car and identify a mark that you have not noticed before, you will know that they did not do it and it will help prevent that argument. I would suggest that when you approach a garage and ask them to sign it that this document works BOTH ways and that it's not just YOU inspecting the vehicle's condition before you leave it, but THEY can inspect it too in order to cover themselves in the event of any potential claim.

Either way... this is the ElgrandOC Vehicle Inspection Report V1.1 (Version 1.0 was a disaster).

If anyone thinks it can be improved in any way, then please by all means either pass me on some feedback, or take it upon yourself to re-design and upload a new version.

I hope this provides at least some help to someone...
Awesome... Not only helps with this but other areas (hire drive) that I am involved with.

As a new E51 owner I'm going to use this to note my baseline. Then update if going in for any work. Thank you

Back