• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

VCR no sound

whitelightning

North East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
So my Elgrand has had digital tv wired in in Japan with the av lead moved under the driver's seat (I'm assuming it's disconnected from the ports in the back) not I've managed to run my Xbox series s on the screen with the adapter and it works brilliantly except ive got no sound i also have no sound from dvd player .I know vineplace put a radio in for me before i collected it any chance it could be be a wire not connected up etc dont want to bother them if its daft

It'll be the rear audio jacks not being connected back into the new head unit. A common problem as leads are not readily available. If you need one look here..

It'll be the rear audio jacks not being connected back into the new head unit. A common problem as leads are not readily available. If you need one look here..

So just had a look and theres also no video in cable /connecter I recognise for it you don't happen to have a like for that to do you

It does same as the rear but I can't find any rca leads to connect to the back I had a cable incase i needed to bridge the gap and it's just a cheap no name radio

The way the standard system works is so that when you plug an audio and video source into the RCA's the signals go through the TV tuner and you select VTR in the TV menu to see and hear the device that you've plugged in. When the standard radio is replaced the video signal remains via the TV tuner but the audio signal is not reconnected to the replacement radio for the reasons stated above and hence you lose the sound.

If it's just a cheap radio then it may not have an aux input or output, in which case you won't be able to use the Elgrand audio input.

Back