• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

URGENT URGENT !!!!!!!!

Snapperman

Premium Member
South West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
Hi Guys

Really need the help of anyone breaking a S2 Elgrand O5 plate 3.5 i am looking for a
ECU - number BT-MEC 36-310 B1 6223

Please can all you guys and Gals who might be breaking one have a look for me and contact me ive tried all the usual outlets any help would be greatly appreciated van on drve looking very sad

TIA??

long story broke down 7 weeks ago codes came up throttle body sensor and peddle sensor changed both still had problems same codes tried to clear no good straight back into limp mode someone told me to clean all contact s with electrical fluid when i removed the ECU leads the small one was full of a watery grease substance so gentley cleaned it out now OBD says cant conect to ECR

I can't help with the replacement ECU I'm afraid.

I have suffered similar issue, water ingress into the ECU plus battery drainage which may be due to water on the battery which shorted across the terminals.

I'm not 100% sure what my problem is but there is a rubber strip held on with little plastic pins which runs on top of the plastic scuttle panel and I think it should be tightly fitted but is quite slack and water may have got underneath, I'm going to stick it down and replace the pins with small nuts and bolts plus make a cover for over the top of the ECU to try and deflect any water.

Best of luck.

I can't help with the replacement ECU I'm afraid.

I have suffered similar issue, water ingress into the ECU plus battery drainage which may be due to water on the battery which shorted across the terminals.

I'm not 100% sure what my problem is but there is a rubber strip held on with little plastic pins which runs on top of the plastic scuttle panel and I think it should be tightly fitted but is quite slack and water may have got underneath, I'm going to stick it down and replace the pins with small nuts and bolts plus make a cover for over the top of the ECU to try and deflect any water.

Best of luck.
thankyou its anoying to have such a beautiful motor laid up !!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a friend or club member with the same Van living near to yours ?

Because swapping an ECU as a test is an easy and quick way of seeing if it is indeed the ECU at fault.

No I haven’t unfortunately I live in Gloucester. I can’t even get an auto electrician to check the van out. They’re all scared of it all they want to charge £120 an hour to try and fix it but the ECR was full of water on one end on the small plug and so I think it’s actually blown sadly Down here in Gloucester it’s an Elgrand black spot I’ve only ever seen four

Hi bud don’t know how it works I thought it had to be the same part number can you enlighten oh wise one

i can get one in a week or so, can also come and get it all setup, it needs to be reprogrammed to car etc

I was under the impression that with standard Elgrand ECU's you only have to match the 2 big letters that are on the ECU.

I was recently involved in fixing an Elgrand (not one of my LPG customers but a taxi belonging to the brother of a firm I did some work for), that had first suffered engine valve damage, which the firm I did some work for fixed using their own mechanics... But it took them ages to remove repair and reinstall the engine during which time they'd left the ECU wiring connectors disconnected, then when they finished the engine reinstall they found the ECU was full of water. So they sent the ECU off to be fixed and found it still wouldn't run on all cylinders, so they sent that ECU back to the ECU repairer. The ECU repairer cloned the ECU and sent both the 'fixed' original and the cloned ECU back to the firm. Now neither of the ECUs would work!

All that was before my time with them. When I started with them I was given both ECUs and tasked with sorting the Elgrand. Both ECU's were no longer coded to the keys, so I recoded them and then both ECUs worked but the engine would only run on the same 4 cylinders with either of them. Then there was a hydrolock issue during cranking and the oil stinked of petrol so it seemed to me it was likely an injector or 2 was sticking open. I removed the manifold and indeed 2 injectors were stuck open... The guys who changed the engine won't have cleaned the fuel rail after leaving it disconnected in a dirty engine bay for months. I changed the injectors, it would still only run on 4. I also found there were 2 dead coil packs! After re-coding the keys, fixing the leaking injectors and coil packs I had it running properly.

Inner wing passenger side,( don’t look at the dirty bits lol)
View attachment 99833
One of the posters (first pic in the thread below) got some water around the front area of where the connector goes in. Is that okay. I've seen the odd drop on mine, which might be splash back from the bit of the air filter box (also shown on the pic)

One of the posters (first pic in the thread below) got some water around the front area of where the connector goes in. Is that okay. I've seen the odd drop on mine, which might be splash back from the bit of the air filter box (also shown on the pic)
As mentioned earlier, the rubber seals on these buses are old now and could benefit from a replenish or replacement ( the one at the scuttle is just sat there so only works under compression etc
Water around the ECU is not a thing I’d want to see regularly, would keep an eye on it after washing etc ( cover it with a sheet of rubber or similar if your worried

Back