• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

UPDATE - REMOVAL OF ABILITY TO EDIT POSTS

Makes a big difference to me as i'am dyslexic (had to ask wife how to spell that) so if my posts come across like I'm Havering under a multitude of disarranged codswallop then so be it,,
Edit,,, that took me 4mins to write that and check it,,☹️

Only snag is if someone is dyslexic or like me attention deficit I often find I have missed words out and does not make sense so go back and edit it. But have never substantially altered the content. I always thought it is a great feature myself but as usual all it takes is a few to spoil it for everybody.

I manage four Facebook groups and many people whinge about posts online. So my reply is always instead of moaning online report the post to Admins. This may involve less work for Admins than all the editing involved. But don't get me wrong I see the point so if anyone gets an unintelligible post from me sorry. Just taken me 10 mins to make sure it's correct. Keep up the good work admins.

Have to say I'm very disappointed with this change, even though I don't post on here very often I cannot understand why such a basic feature needs to be removed due to the abuse of a few. This punish all attitude seems to be becoming more common in life again and as an adult I find being treated as a child in a class rather annoying. If people abuse the feature then simply deal with the offenders, if admin can see the edits what exactly is the problem? Leaving abuse or negative bad language for all to view is not great so if the original poster removes it first all the better but if not it can be reported and then removed and the appropriate action taken against the poster. Surely there aren't hundreds of these occurrences so why make such a big deal out of it cos the people you are trying to encourage to see the error of their ways are honestly not going to care what impact their actions have on anyone else!

Have to say I'm very disappointed with this change, even though I don't post on here very often I cannot understand why such a basic feature needs to be removed due to the abuse of a few. This punish all attitude seems to be becoming more common in life again and as an adult I find being treated as a child in a class rather annoying. If people abuse the feature then simply deal with the offenders, if admin can see the edits what exactly is the problem? Leaving abuse or negative bad language for all to view is not great so if the original poster removes it first all the better but if not it can be reported and then removed and the appropriate action taken against the poster. Surely there aren't hundreds of these occurrences so why make such a big deal out of it cos the people you are trying to encourage to see the error of their ways are honestly not going to care what impact their actions have on anyone else!
Good points check the edits and if they have been misbehaving kick them off less work than all the edits by decent users will cause.

All good points, taken on board. Edit functionality has been restored.
Nice one Karl just posted and found edit option again. All the points raised were very positive. I found with my Facebook groups people mostly whinge but too lazy to report. But it's a hard job and subjective, sometimes we leave a contentious post on and wait for the trolls then delete the post and the trolls. But being an admin is sometimes a thankless job and they think your on £20000 a year and available 24/7

Last edited:
I love how everyone was disappointed when the edit function was taken away from them, like it is the admins fault. You want to thank the members who try and talk down to others, belittle another member, push their views onto others or even try and bully another member then go back and edit it hoping no-one has seen it. Or the members who have the Dutch courage to say something they then regret once sober.

Fair enough people deserve the right to go back and change their posts when they later regret it but the edit function was removed so people could think before they posted anything that might potentially upset another member. Because if you were texting or face to face talking you cannot go back and edit what you have said.

You want control over your own posts? Then be adults and if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

@Karl put the edit function back on because of the aggro. Anyone abuses this again because they have not been nice in their original comment then I will be taking the edit function away from that person, there is a way to remove it for an individual rather than all members and if I have to learn how to do that and go through suspected members posts then I will.

I love how everyone was disappointed when the edit function was taken away from them, like it is the admins fault. You want to thank the members who try and talk down to others, belittle another member, push their views onto others or even try and bully another member then go back and edit it hoping no-one has seen it. Or the members who have the Dutch courage to say something they then regret once sober.

Fair enough people deserve the right to go back and change their posts when they later regret it but the edit function was removed so people could think before they posted anything that might potentially upset another member. Because if you were texting or face to face talking you cannot go back and edit what you have said.

You want control over your own posts? Then be adults and if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

@Karl put the edit function back on because of the aggro. Anyone abuses this again because they have not been nice in their original comment then I will be taking the edit function away from that person, there is a way to remove it for an individual rather than all members and if I have to learn how to do that and go through suspected members posts then I will.
Well put Pippa think the main reason I and others need to edit is things like dyslexia and in my case attention deficit. But also think if you have a beef with another member do it in private that's what the messaging is for. But think most of the comments on editing were positive or a may have missed the negative ones. But I agree don't blame the admins they do a great job. A few Trolls spoil it for us all not just here but the Internet in general. Glad of the edit I have just used it three times.

Well put Pippa think the main reason I and others need to edit is things like dyslexia and in my case attention deficit. But also think if you have a beef with another member do it in private that's what the messaging is for.
Of course, I totally understand that spelling mistakes and learning difficulties are a factor in why people may edit their posts, so it is unfair on people like yourself to take that away from you. Or even if you have realised the information you have provided was wrong so you would to change it. It was more because of the handful of people who would start on others then edit their posts thinking no-one has seen it but people do see the original comment lol.

If someone has a problem with someone else, message one of us admins and we will be the mediator and help to sort the issue :)

I often edit because I type in a hurry, post then read it back. Quite often I will miss whole words making the post garbage (which, quite often, my posts are!).

Back