• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Tyre suggestions please

Just a bit more, I'm doing the tyres because I plan to go up to the lakes this winter so the tyres need to be right. Also, I've got to have a new set of ignition coils and spark plugs fitted ( by Worcester Road Motors ) and a slight upgrade to the camper. I bought an Ecoflow Delta 3 battery station which I need to integrate into the system so that I can be off grid most of the time. However, all this is not going to be cheap so the choice of tyre has to be good but affordable. I wish I knew how to start a GoFund me page!!!!!!!
 
That's one I haven't heard of those, they sound expensive.
Depends on size, I’m running 245 45 18 so a not so common size which ended up being approx £100 per corner.

Have a look at some YouTube reviews, they come up well in a lot of testing and I personally couldn’t be happier. I’ve had a lot of premium branded tyres in the past but wish I had tired these a lot sooner.
 
Depends on size, I’m running 245 45 18 so a not so common size which ended up being approx £100 per corner.

Have a look at some YouTube reviews, they come up well in a lot of testing and I personally couldn’t be happier. I’ve had a lot of premium branded tyres in the past but wish I had tired these a lot sooner.
Thanks Adam, I'll check them out, the price seems good. Unfortunately, the prices change too quickly, maybe Downwards!!!
 
FWIW my Elgrand is on original Japanese Bridgestones which have lasted well.

I am a fan of Falken - Japanese company with many OE approvals and usually good priced well engineered mid range tyres (not Chinese ditch finders). Given the weight of an Elgrand and my preference for all season tyres I am considering their Euro All Season Van 11 range but will take advice from my local tyre supplier who specialises in Falken before proceeding.
 
Just a bit more, I'm doing the tyres because I plan to go up to the lakes this winter so the tyres need to be right. Also, I've got to have a new set of ignition coils and spark plugs fitted ( by Worcester Road Motors ) and a slight upgrade to the camper. I bought an Ecoflow Delta 3 battery station which I need to integrate into the system so that I can be off grid most of the time. However, all this is not going to be cheap so the choice of tyre has to be good but affordable. I wish I knew how to start a GoFund me page!!!!!!!
How do you find Worcester Road Motors? They seem to have decent reviews online?
 
I would go for these

Turanza All Season 6
215/60 17V
Load Rating: 100 (800kg)

They are around £160 each though before discounts.
 
How do you find Worcester Road Motors? They seem to have decent reviews online?
They specialise in Japanese imports, especially Elgrands. Not only did I buy my Highway Star from them but I also take it to them for Service, MOT and repairs. I live in Swindon, which is 70 odd miles away, however, I know that the work will be done well because what they don't know about Elgrands is not worth knowing. They have just had a delivery of about 50 imports so I'm going there to check them out and have new plugs and ignition coils fitted.
 
They specialise in Japanese imports, especially Elgrands. Not only did I buy my Highway Star from them but I also take it to them for Service, MOT and repairs. I live in Swindon, which is 70 odd miles away, however, I know that the work will be done well because what they don't know about Elgrands is not worth knowing. They have just had a delivery of about 50 imports so I'm going there to check them out and have new plugs and ignition coils fitted.
Cheers. Yes, I've read decent things about them. I fully agree with you, regarding that even though it involves some travel for servicing etc, it's worth it if they do a good job.
 
Back
Top