• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

There might be hope after all when I come to sell my Elgrand in The Netherlands...

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
I wonder if he will sell me his spoiler! lol
Tell him/her the spoiler looks shit and will be difficult to sell his/hers lovely Elgrand with that thingy at the back...and because you're a very nice man you can do him/her a big favour and collect it free of charge

Was already wondering if anyone spotted it on Marktplaats. And so I ended up here again.

Had hoped it was in a better shape but its quite a handful from what I can see on the pictures. Too many projects of my own running now sadly. Or I should trade in a project xD Then i’ll sell you that dreaded spoiler 😉

Was already wondering if anyone spotted it on Marktplaats. And so I ended up here again.

Had hoped it was in a better shape but its quite a handful from what I can see on the pictures. Too many projects of my own running now sadly. Or I should trade in a project xD Then i’ll sell you that dreaded spoiler 😉

Been messaging the guy via Marktplaats, he's nice guy. Maybe worth offering him a cheeky bid!!!

Been messaging the guy via Marktplaats, he's nice guy. Maybe worth offering him a cheeky bid!!!
Nah, i’m more after the later HWS model with the round fogs and side ‘slats’.

I also dont like the wheels and the interior/steering needs reupholstering or replacement. Getting one from the uk looks to be cheaper.

My jaw also dropped when I heard roadtax was increased again. And my province being the most expensive one. Surely they will follow Paris’ example of tripling the parking tickets for heavy cars 🤣🤣 18€ an hour? C’mon.
2100 kg - €150 a month for roadtax. It’ll probably only be used in the weekends.

Only sensible to put a super slim panoramic poptop and ‘fixed-not-so-fixed’ kitchen in for annual road inspection. Unbolt it rest of the year and pay less than 1/3 tax 🥹

@ Richard, where did you get yours insured if I may ask? Most seem to look if im talking Swahili and in a result give me insane prices.

Nah, i’m more after the later HWS model with the round fogs and side ‘slats’.

I also dont like the wheels and the interior/steering needs reupholstering or replacement. Getting one from the uk looks to be cheaper.

My jaw also dropped when I heard roadtax was increased again. And my province being the most expensive one. Surely they will follow Paris’ example of tripling the parking tickets for heavy cars 🤣🤣 18€ an hour? C’mon.
2100 kg - €150 a month for roadtax. It’ll probably only be used in the weekends.

Only sensible to put a super slim panoramic poptop and ‘fixed-not-so-fixed’ kitchen in for annual road inspection. Unbolt it rest of the year and pay less than 1/3 tax 🥹

@ Richard, where did you get yours insured if I may ask? Most seem to look if im talking Swahili and in a result give me insane prices.

Indeed road tax here is shocking!! I did try getting the tax lower by some of the things you mentioned but it seemed a bit more involved!!!
I get mine insured via a company called FBTO and before them I used ANWB had no problems insuring it!

I assumed you gave up on the idea of an Elgrand as I rarely see you on the forum and the last message I sent you was over 2 years ago!!! :laughing:

Thanks, I might give them a call to check the rates.

Driving an Elgrand just for the love of it does seem to be a very involving business. They can’t expect me to pay that much if the roads closed 8 out of 10 times, road constructions going on 364 days of 365 a year.

Haven’t given up although my absence! Just a lot going on, 3 project cars and still trying to recover financially from Corona. Did I mention a wedding too xD Time will come 😀

Thanks, I might give them a call to check the rates.

Driving an Elgrand just for the love of it does seem to be a very involving business. They can’t expect me to pay that much if the roads closed 8 out of 10 times, road constructions going on 364 days of 365 a year.

Haven’t given up although my absence! Just a lot going on, 3 project cars and still trying to recover financially from Corona. Did I mention a wedding too xD Time will come 😀

Congratulations on getting wed! :D
One benefit of paying high road tax, the roads are super smooth in The Netherlands compared to the UK, very rarely round my area I see any pot holes!

Cheers!

Arnhem is definately pothole-city but the rest of The Netherlands is indeed overly smooth 😀
Thanks for the heads up.
My and the wife shall stay away from Arnhem then as she has severe neck/spine conditions!

Just heard from the owner, he sold it for 6.5k!

That's not bad at all

Back