• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Sumvision Cyclone 4 Media Player availability

OK,thanks, I will give it a try.

Is it a complicated mod to carry out if required
it's a bit of a PITA if you have a series 1 but not so bad on series 2. If it hasn't been done look here.

it's a bit of a PITA if you have a series 1 but not so bad on series 2. If it hasn't been done look here.

I think mines a series 2 it's a 2007 model

I think mines a series 2 it's a 2007 model
In that case it will just mean removing the DVD drive from the glovebox. On a series 1 the DVD drive is at the bottom of the centre console.

In that case it will just mean removing the DVD drive from the glovebox. On a series 1 the DVD drive is at the bottom of the centre console.
Thanks, I will give him a run later today and try it out. Cable looks easy enough to knock up.

Tried the TV handbrake thing this morning and it needs the mod.

Switch to tv, drive off and the screen reverts back to sat nav. DVD Player is in the glove box like you said.
Do you have a picture of the rear of the DVD player, for the two pins that the mod cable connects to please

Must do something about the reverse lights, on these dark mornings, only having one on the N/S makes vision really poor.

And upgrade the boot light

Thinking of fitting cruise control as well, it's one thing I miss coming from a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 HO It was great on those long trips.

Last edited:
Here's a picture from another thread.

Park brake mod.jpg

Just gathering the bits together.

I have ordered the HDMI in to RCA out box plus the RCA to RCA cables.

I am not sure which fire stick I need; would it be the Lite version? anything else?

Probably best check the Firestick supports your devices.

These arrived Saturday, ordered on the 14th arrived on the 19th from different sellers but arrived in one parcel with some other bits and bobs I ordered also from different sellers (don't know how they do it for the price)
£2.99 for HDMI to RCA & £0.98 for cables, free postage inclusive of taxes.

Ordered a Fire stick from Amazon, Black Friday offer.

Is there anything else I need to get please.

Fire stick arrived today, set up on TV no problem and managed to pair iPhone, got google maps to show up.
Need some dry weather now to set up in the Elgrand.

Back