• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Sumvision Cyclone 4 Media Player availability

chnewent

Midlands
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Hi there,
I purchased my Elgrand E51 2003 just before Xmas and now have Owners manual which I've read once so far. I'm keen to use the AV monitors (I've found the AV lead inputs) and saw on Youtube the Sumvision Cyclone 4 Media Player being reviewed but neither Amazon nor Ebay have them. The Cyclone 2 is available but I'm after the Miracast feature on Cyclone 4 which then offers me "casting" from my Android phone. Anyone know where I can get one or is there an alternative?
Many thanks - Colin

I use a firestick to do the same thing, I think it may be the way forward now

Think chromecast does the job too.

Was going to suggest Chromecast have heard they can do what you need it to

I use a Chromecast for movies with a HDMI to RCA converter. It does support screen casting (if your phone does), but you will need one device provide a hotspot and one device to cast.

Thanks for responding - I believe I will need TWO supplies, 1 to power the Chromecast, & 1 to power the HDMI to RCA box. Can that be done from one cigarette socket at the back of the Elgrand? Also, my phone has a hotspot & a cast to screen icon so would that be enuf to cast to the Elgrand screens?

My hdmi to RCA adapter is powered through the Chromecast hdmi connection. I use the 100V outlet to power a USB charger.

That sounds promising “cjholding”. I’m not much of a techie. The 100v outlet you refer to is that the cigarette lighter socket on the rear offside wall? and would any sort of gadget usb charger be ok?

.... and on the hotspot answer I now understand you need TWO phones to cast. Getting a bit messy. Does a Miracast unit do the same thing with less wiring/boxes?

That sounds promising “cjholding”. I’m not much of a techie. The 100v outlet you refer to is that the cigarette lighter socket on the rear offside wall? and would any sort of gadget usb charger be ok?
The 100V outlet is beside the Aux input, it's 100VAC so any mains power charger that is worldwide voltage capable will work.
.... and on the hotspot answer I now understand you need TWO phones to cast. Getting a bit messy. Does a Miracast unit do the same thing with less wiring/boxes?
Assuming your phone supports Miracast this should be less messy as i don't think Miracast needs an internet connection.

Chromecast isn't really intended for use without a connection to the internet and I haven't been able to connect to it using the phone providing the hotspot, it does work but it's not a perfect experience.

Some others have used Amazon Firesticks (which I believe are more tolerant of no internet), but I'm afraid I haven't tried this.

I use a firestick to do the same thing,

I use a firestick to do the same thing, I think it may be the way forward now
A bit late to the conversation, but what's the best route to power either a firestick or Cyclone? Presumably need a certain charger for the port in the rear, or I suppose the cigarette lighter would work. Bit, want it all to be a neet as possible. Ideas?

A bit late to the conversation, but what's the best route to power either a firestick or Cyclone? Presumably need a certain charger for the port in the rear, or I suppose the cigarette lighter would work. Bit, want it all to be a neet as possible. Ideas?
Mines not particularly neat at the moment, I have a usb socket plugged into the rear, which powers the HDMI to RCA adapter and the firestick. The RCA wires then plug into the rear inputs. I having been meaning to tuck it all away neatly behind panels for a few months now!

Mines not particularly neat at the moment, I have a usb socket plugged into the rear, which powers the HDMI to RCA adapter and the firestick. The RCA wires then plug into the rear inputs. I having been meaning to tuck it all away neatly behind panels for a few months now!
Thanks. Presumably you need to use mobile hot spot to enable a WiFi connection? Keen on any options that don't require Internet connection, if they exist!

I would like to try this Firestick malarkey.
Will any old fire stick do, or has it got to be a particular model, then I need an RCA to HDMI adapter and the leads.
Have I missed anything I need to buy?

Then will I be able to get Google maps from my iPhone (or Wifes Android) to the front screen for sat nav duties so I can get rid of my old TomTom.

Advice most welcome please.

I would like to try this Firestick malarkey.
Will any old fire stick do, or has it got to be a particular model, then I need an RCA to HDMI adapter and the leads.
Have I missed anything I need to buy?

Then will I be able to get Google maps from my iPhone (or Wifes Android) to the front screen for sat nav duties so I can get rid of my old TomTom.

Advice most welcome please.
You may need some other bits if you have a replacement HU otherwise should work with what you list. If it hasn't had the park brake bypass mod then you'll lose the picture whilst on the move.

Tell me more about the park brake mod please.

It hasn't had a replacement head unit it's all standard

Tell me more about the park brake mod please.

It hasn't had a replacement head unit it's all standard
To check if it has been done or not you can put the system into TV mode so there's snow/noise on the screen then drive off. If the screen shows a message and goes blank then the mod hasn't been done and the system will blank any video feed to the screen whilst on the move.

To check if it has been done or not you can put the system into TV mode so there's snow/noise on the screen then drive off. If the screen shows a message and goes blank then the mod hasn't been done and the system will blank any video feed to the screen whilst on the move.
OK,thanks, I will give it a try.

Is it a complicated mod to carry out if required

Back