• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South West South West Region Haynes Motor Museum Breakfast Club

kfgas

Premium Member
South West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
Going back a couple of years ago the South West region used to regularly have some very well attended meets at Haynes Motor Museum which I think due to a combination of covid and the museum being closed to the public and losing our regional rep even though they are now open again have never been restarted.

Haynes restarted the Breakfast Club back in May but with a different format of separate events for future Classics. Veteran, Vintage and Classics on different Sundays during the month.

Reading between the lines this has not proven to be very popular and they have now reverted to the previous format of one large event on the first Sunday of the month for all types of cars.

One thing that they did bring in and have kept is that places now have to be pre-booked on their website.

They are also now charging an entry fee of £5.00 per vehicle

They have also stopped doing full breakfasts and now just do breakfast baps etc.

more info here on the Haynes website https://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/events/haynes-breakfast-club

Dates of next Breakfast Club meets are 3rd Oct 7th Nov and 5th Dec.

If there is interest in a meet I would not mind keeping the thread updated with attendees etc

Good one Kev and thanks for thinking about it, not sure about the booking in advance and paying £5.00 a vehicle though.

I wonder why they've adopted this new policy, the old way worked just fine, lol

Is there maybe another location with a big car park that we could arrange an Elgrand local meet at instead, on a different date, if people don't want to stump up the £5.00 to park in a Haynes car park, lol?

yep just looked 🙄i have on my calendar meet for the3rd so better look that up as well 🤣🤣🤣

yep just looked 🙄i have on my calendar meet for the3rd so better look that up as well 🤣🤣🤣

October is gonna be a busy month by the looks of it :)

You probably got another secret VW (Golf) meet with the nipper that weekend ;)

I like the idea in principle, but at nearly 2 hours travel time it might be a bit far from me. Although I might consider it on a nice day 😊

Good one Kev and thanks for thinking about it, not sure about the booking in advance and paying £5.00 a vehicle though.

I wonder why they've adopted this new policy, the old way worked just fine, lol

js there maybe another location with a big car park that we could arrange an Elgrand local meet at instead, on a different date, if people don't want to stump up the £5.00 to park in a Haynes car park, lol?

As an alternative just along the A303 from Haynes is Cartgate Picnic Site which has a large car park and a picnic area with tables and seats etc plus public toilets.

Also has a cafe which seems to serve a good variety of meals and snacks plus a whole day breakfast.

Advantage of somewhere like this is we could be more flexible with dates and would not have to pre-book or pay.

Also still being on the A303 is pretty easy access.

As an alternative just along the A303 from Haynes is Cartgate Picnic Site which has a large car park and a picnic area with tables and seats etc plus public toilets.

Also has a cafe which seems to serve a good variety of meals and snacks plus a whole day breakfast.

Advantage of somewhere like this is we could be more flexible with dates and would not have to pre-book or pay.

Also still being on the A303 is pretty easy access.

Cheers Kev, sounds perfect, we could also set a later start time, i'd be up for coming along to it (regardless of start time) :)

Cheers Kev, sounds perfect, we could also set a later start time, i'd be up for coming along to it (regardless of start time) :)
Later start time definitely works for me as never been good at getting up in the morning maybe a brunch club meeting:grinning::grinning:

Going away for a few days next week camping in the van in Dorset and will need to go within a few miles of the Cartgate Picnic Site so will stop off there on the way and suss it out and if it all stacks up will start a new thread,

Thinking that with the Castle Coombe JDM meet on Oct 9th would look to arrange for end of Oct beginning of Nov before the worst of the winter weather sets in.

Back