• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East South Coast meet October 4th - The Departure Lounge Café - Alton

weather not to bad 6 sounds good we can all get round the table :mask:

You're right, I will go and write a hundred lines.

Meanwhile, can I pick yours? How did you find 'service point', would you recommend them?
Very good and Steve was very knowledgeable. They sub contract the MOT but got them to fit powerflex bushes at the front, change the rear pads and also did a little electrical work on the rear lights, I supplied the bushes and pads. I plan to use them early next year for a few more bits.

Simon at The Departure Lounge is all ready for us. Parking will be in the same place as last time. The Cafe is now open inside with a restriction of 6 per table. Please remember to bring masks and hand sanitiser. It is very easy to forget about social distancing when enthusing about your vehicle so please bear this in mind.

It was great to meet some of you today and I would like to thank you for all your patience answering what must seem like silly questions. I am quite inspired to keep the EG as a definite contender for our switch to a smaller camper and plan to keep doing my research. Both my son and I were very impressed with the vehicle, its lay-out and potential for conversion. As someone who is not mechanically minded, it was good to talk through some of my concerns and took great confidence from owners who could offer nothing but positive feedback. Thanks to Adrian for his very thorough explanation and thumbs up for his enthusiasm in providing a service from start to completion. I will, as a non owner, maintain contact with the forum, and attend a few more meets as I find this the best way for me to learn more and increase my understanding. Once again, many thanks.

A soggy six busses, new and old faces and a couple of non owners having a mosey at Elgrands, not to mention a near drowning en route for @Elgrandpa . Not a bad turnout really for such a dreary day.

Daisey was resplendent in her new grille and the Octobus Secunde was sporting a set of flash new seat belt pads. My bus had its first real test of the new suspenders and I couldn't be more pleased, it feels much more planted and not like it wants to throw you off the road, but without being harsh. A boon in the conditions.

IMG_20201004_110800_0.jpeg

Last edited:
nice to meet you to it looked like your kids were having fun with your key fobs :cool:
Yes, the twins have zero respect for the Elgrand! Might see if they can work out the stereo - they'll probably have as much chance as me. Couldn't really let them out or they would have been wading through the puddles 😬

Lol...1st time I've been really glad mine's not lowered or got a front spoiler. The 'bow wave' was right over the bonnet and the windscreen at one point! God knows where my number plate went. This is the offending LANE...just imagine it totally flooded and not being able to see anything but water! But God bless the Elgrand...it just kept ploughing on, lucky really as I can't imagine getting a tow truck to me would have been easy! If anyone's 'SatNav/Waze' tells you to go down here...tell it to 'Feck Right Off'...unless you're driving a tractor or scrambler!

Anyway, as @Stempyuno says a good turnout considering the weather. Great to meet new member @Bushman and prospective owner @TheOldHobbit (and TheYoungerHobbit), and catch up with old faces (no disrespect to anyone lol). Daisy is looking better than ever and sounds like she is waiting to be 'released' from a cage!

shit man i know that lane now used to do it in my delica think its also called water lane surprised you still got you bumper

no tell a lie water lane is almost opposite that one has got an off-road site just bu the farm

shit man i know that lane now used to do it in my delica think its also called water lane surprised you still got you bumper
Gotta admit 'I'd have been happier in a delica' (always liked the look of them but I guess they look a bit dated now).
I really don't think any of the other Elgrands there today would have got down there without pretty major damage to the front end.
'Water Lane'...now that would have given me a clue lol!

Does anyone else think maybe that lane should be 'oneway'? On the way home 'Waze' took me straight past that lane on nice A/B roads...why the fuck couldn't it have taken me in that way? Forgot to say, halfway down that lane I was told 'I'd reached my destination'. WTF!

up date your sat nav mate :joy: think mine put me in the fields around there last time we went :rolleyes:

Back