• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Sold an E50 Lemon?!

Thanks for letting me join the group. Looks like lots of helpful info here.
Did you have any luck with your problem? I have just bought an E50 and have the same codes according to the OBD flashing engine light technique. 18 and 22.
I have swapped the blue relays over to see what happens as suggested and will try some of the diesel cleaner etc.
The fuel filter has been changed and a few hoses replaced by the guy who sold it to me.
At the moment it sometimes stalls when pulling away or reversing (particularly when on full lock for some reason) which isn't great trying to get out of tight parking spaces! I also get an intermittent glow plug ready light coming on now and again (although no code associated with it).
Any ideas about the glow plug light.
Great to see all the advice above.
Hoping it will clear its throat and motor on without problems!

A little late to this thread, but I've been meaning to post my 'solution' for some time.
Basically, mine has stalled intermittently for years if changing the gear out of park into drive/reverse when pulling away on the driveway/a parking space. There's lots of mention of this in different threads, but I've found that a little rev immediately before you move the gearstick consistently prevents it from stalling.

Back