• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Shaped bed/seat foam

sg66

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Elgrand
E51
I've seen a post on here regarding shallow v foam infill for the seats to make them flat but I'm buggered if I can find the post.

Are these available to buy anyone know ?

Some dimensions in this post
I've been out measuring 😁

I've sent a pic off to GB foam will see what they come back with.

The idea is to have 2 inserts made to make the middle seats flat, that gives enough room for 2 beds, keep the rear seats in place and have a reasonably large kitchen pod at the rear.

I'm looking forward to making the kitchen, we are going away for our first night in it next weekend 😁

From experience with full size single pvc airbed, I reckon they will slip around on leather seats and be useless but at that price, must be worth a go. I like the idea that you can adjust the height.

I have come across these on aliexpress

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
£6.79 4%OFF | Car Travel Inflatable Mattress Front Slope Pad Inflated Stool Cushions Air Bed Seat Gap Self-driving Supplies Accessories
That's similar to what I hope I'm having made but idea is to cover it and fit velcro straps to stop them moving

I made my own foam inserts using an electric carving knife and firm recycled foam, not just wedges but shaped to fit. I thin covered them in thick black industrial cling film used to,wrap pallets. It stops the foam dusting and stops them slipping on the leather.

Well it appears "we cut foam to any size" means we will but not if it's remotely complicated and anything other than a square or rectangle is out 😂

Waiting to here back from one more then it looks like it's DIY time

Well it appears "we cut foam to any size" means we will but not if it's remotely complicated and anything other than a square or rectangle is out 😂
Sounds like a right bunch of experts

Sounds like a right bunch of experts
Well we have success, I searched for a local company, sent them the drawing, reply back first thing this morning with a price.

It's half the price the others wanted just to supply a block of foam for me to make 1.

Be interesting to see what they turn out like, ohhhh the excitement 😂

I really don't get it. A decent inflatable mattress takes all the bumps out. ;)

I really don't get it. A decent inflatable mattress takes all the bumps out. ;)
Unfortunately the wife can't sleep on airbed, been there tried it, don't work.

Still no foam 😂

Got an email saying it's ready to collect after a little prob to point out it's past the 3 to 5 days production time, great.

Got another email the following day, could you give us a call, 🤔

First thought was yea we can't actually cut it, turns out they can but the idiot that looked at it only looked at drawing of top and not side view which has the shape and depth, was only when it got back to the collection folk that they went that's not right 😂

So, it's getting done again and the price has gone up, they are splitting the difference of what it should have been and what they have already charged.

I'm now waiting for another email to say it's ready, possibly.........

This previous setup was fine for me, but my wife found the arm rests a bit of a problem. I ended up on the last trip giving her my green mattress as well which did help a little, plus some make shift padding over the arm rests.
Hopefully going back to how the original setup of the rear conversion was meant to be, might be a lot better now since I have found these blow up cushions to add to the chair issues which make a massive difference!!!
(One of the pics is with the chair rotated the other way, I wanted to see if it made any difference but I think it works better with the chair the other way as theres more space underneath the chair)

View attachment 93230View attachment 93231View attachment 93232View attachment 93233View attachment 93234View attachment 93235View attachment 93236

This is what I found useful for filling in the gaps and it seemed to work quite well!

Back