• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Roof tent for E51

G-REG

Active Newbie
South East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Hi, has anyone used a roof tent on their E51? Wondering what roof tents are available/any good?

Reactions: guf
I assume roof tents need roof rails? Thule Elgrand E51 fitting kits aren't made any more, so you generally will have to source them second hand now. Make sure you get the rails sorted before you spend on the roof tent!

Thanks, knew I would need roof bars/rails but didn't realise they aren't sold new any more.

How do you get on with it? Will look it up.

Nice colour van by the way.
Have used it loads, takes under 5 mins to put up/down, sleeps 3-4. I leave it on a year round, no real difference in mgp and zero wind noise. I also have the anex for it that zips onto the tent. The ikampers are probabaly one of the most expensive but a top quality tentIMG20230414125645.jpg

Just had a quick look at them and they look great. Really good solution for getting a 4 berth set up without having to do a conversion.
Yeah that why I got it, I didnt want to covert the van and conversion would really have been big enough for the four of us, The tent with the anex gives us plenty of room for me the wife and 2 kids and the dog.

Have used it loads, takes under 5 mins to put up/down, sleeps 3-4. I leave it on a year round, no real difference in mgp and zero wind noise. I also have the anex for it that zips onto the tent. The ikampers are probabaly one of the most expensive but a top quality tentView attachment 98469

Gorgeous setup!!!

Have used it loads, takes under 5 mins to put up/down, sleeps 3-4. I leave it on a year round, no real difference in mgp and zero wind noise. I also have the anex for it that zips onto the tent. The ikampers are probabaly one of the most expensive but a top quality tentView attachment 98469
Really great set up that. The anex add on is an excellent idea. Good to hear that it doesn't effect the mpg and it's quiet. Couldn't imagine a whistle noise all the way to Devon from Essex!
Thanks for sharing.

Daft question, can you use it as a drive-away or is the car stuck for the duration?

Daft question, can you use it as a drive-away or is the car stuck for the duration?
I dont believe u can drive away as the awning is attached to the roof tent. So the roof tent has to be folded up when drive away so the awning has to be detatched.

I could be wrong but this is my understanding

Back