• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Rear Screen VTR Selct

I’m having an issue with the VTR, got an after market stereo all installed and working. Removed the rear drop down screen and put in a stand alone unit. All working ok.

I have the rear RCA/VTR inputs and I’ve put a video out into this to mirror display on the VTR option on the front screen (I’ll deal with handbrake afterwards). Plugged in, the yellow RCA cable to the rear input and go to the TV option, scroll right to the last option, click and no change. Tried the remote, nothing. I can’t seem to get the VTR option to select! It worked before the radio install so what am I missing!!

When you say it doesn't select VTR, do you mean it doesn't select the input, or it selects the input but shows no picture?
I’m having an issue with the VTR, got an after market stereo all installed and working. Removed the rear drop down screen and put in a stand alone unit. All working ok.

I have the rear RCA/VTR inputs and I’ve put a video out into this to mirror display on the VTR option on the front screen (I’ll deal with handbrake afterwards). Plugged in, the yellow RCA cable to the rear input and go to the TV option, scroll right to the last option, click and no change. Tried the remote, nothing. I can’t seem to get the VTR option to select! It worked before the radio install so what am I missing!!

Not changing the input it stays on TV no matter how many times I click it!

Does the select button work for other functions?

Yea all working for the other menus, can switch to nav, side cam etc and go into vehicle settings no problem. As soon as I select TV the moving and selection goes sluggish and nothing when clicked on actually then selects so it's purely on the TV option. It does highlight orange when clicked but just stays as is no matter how many times I try!

If you've totally removed the rear screen it may be a canbus error. Try jumping pins 9 and 10 on the connector.

Back