• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Rear Screen not lowering!

Hello, mine stopped working after 1.5 yrs of owning the vehicle. What I notice is some very faint clicking noise (at 1 sec intervals) at the monitor (even with ignition switch off). Also when ign switch first turn on, it defaults to last used source, if it was radio or video, which is normal. However if it's on radio and I press TV, the main screen shows the aux input (TV or in my case video feed from my android box) and 2nd screen button does nothing. At this point my clock also freezes. I can't go back to radio either, it stays on aux. The only way to go back to radio is to put a cd or dvd in the nav unit in the glove box, at which point it switches to the nav display (or tries to). If I now select my FM radio it works. But now I cannot go back to TV, I have to turn ign switch off and on to go back to TV. It's like the main control unit gets corrupted for some reason and I guess it's the NAV unit since that controls everything.

Hi all, resurrecting this again. Did anyone find a solution? I suspect if you did then you’re now a millionaire yachting in the south of France.

I wouldn't mind an answer to this too. Nothing from my rear screen. I did put a meter on the power plug but it showed nothing. I guess the issue is bigger than first thought. Someone mentioned a module which may have been damaged but really not sure where that is or if it's easy to replace.
Wasn't sure on fuses neither so took every fuse out one by one. All seem ok...

I have this exact same problem - no beep from buttons (dash or remote), other buttons do beep - threat overhead screen will not fold down.. did anyone manage to resolve?

Just stating the obvious.
So on mine you press the button (a long press something like 5 seconds) you get a bleep then the screen lowers ( I'm still holding the button down, I do not lift) so in total 1 long press, something like 8 to 10 seconds.

Here's my theory having just replaced the DVD/Nav unit in my series 1. I had been having a few issues with the system including a sporadic unlocked picture, random operation of inputs and intermittently the rear screen would not drop. I purchased a late model series 2 unit as a replacement and having fitted it my problems have gone away. The units are identical on the outside and are plug and play.

I decided to dismantle the old unit for fault investigation and noted that the cooling fan was inoperative. Now, there are many surface mount capacitors within the unit which take objection to being too hot and they dry out. This greatly reduces their efficiency, and being that the unit is the nerve centre of the AV system I would suspect that this may have been the cause of the problems, including the rear screen not dropping.

So if you have this issue you could look to see if the cooling fan is working as a starter. Quite tricky in a series 1 as you need to remove the trim by the drivers foot rest and try to see it from there, you'll probably need to use the camera on your phone and a torch.

One bonus for owners of series 1 Elgrands is you can carry out the series 2 clock mod and have the correct local time displayed.

Good luck.

Back