• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Rarest Option

Thanks Mark. It’s a shame it can’t really be used. Awkward voltage and plug type. 😔
You can buy a suitable plug and lead off eBay, put a UK socket on the end and use it to charge a laptop for example. Most chargers will work ok at 100v.
only works when engine is running.

You can buy a suitable plug and lead off eBay, put a UK socket on the end and use it to charge a laptop for example. Most chargers will work ok at 100v.
only works when engine is running.
Oooh, that’s that’s handy to know. I’ll look into it. Cheers buddy. 👍👍👍

Edit: I could use it to charge my Ecoflow. Got to be faster than using the 12v socket.

Last edited:
Oooh, that’s that’s handy to know. I’ll look into it. Cheers buddy. 👍👍👍

Edit: I could use it to charge my Ecoflow. Got to be faster than using the 12v socket.
Be careful as it will only supply around 1 amp so check the wattage of the charger.

Be careful as it will only supply around 1 amp so check the wattage of the charger.
Thanks Andre, I can set the current drawn when charging on the Ecoflow App. It’s a cracking device that pretty much sorted for everything.

Thank you so much for the heads up! 👍👍👍

Thanks Mark. It’s a shame it can’t really be used. Awkward voltage and plug type. 😔
Lots of smaller electricals will run on 100-240 v , I had a dvd player in one from Japan plugged into the Elgrands inverter which is now attached to a tv in my house now.
It’s easy enough to get a Jap adapter/ travel socket too.

Leave it in, if only for the novelty value. Why not pimp the seat up with an LED or laser as it offloads?

BTW, what would you be asking for it, power seat intact?
It’s a 2007 car, with all the XL refinement and a powered side step too. £8995 inc warranty, underseal & rear decat. It’s on HWS 17” Alloys now. Super low mileage too, only 30,000 miles.6D4F1572-EF03-41DC-929C-FF13177E6B21.jpeg

Last edited:
Lots of smaller electricals will run on 100-240 v , I had a dvd player in one from Japan plugged into the Elgrands inverter which is now attached to a tv in my house now.
It’s easy enough to get a Jap adapter/ travel socket too.
Sounds great, thanks Adrian. 👍👍👍

Didn't CJ's have an actual wheelchair that docked in and out though???
vuioxUi.jpeg

Yup, Jagman has the same.

Do you have a picture of what this looks like, assuming it's not a joke...? 😳 Hard to tell with the number of options available :joy:
The disco footwell lights are too intense to video well.
Can't do them justice so sorry about that.
For the super secret storage, you need to be in the club for two years and then go through the Elgrand inner circle interview panel before that location is revealed.
Sorry chap, you will have to wait a while.
😉

The disco footwell lights are too intense to video well.
Can't do them justice so sorry about that.
For the super secret storage, you need to be in the club for two years and then go through the Elgrand inner circle interview panel before that location is revealed.
Sorry chap, you will have to wait a while.
😉
This is true, I’ve got a year to go still and we’ve already bought the Champers and Choccies for the themed party night.

This is true, I’ve got a year to go still and we’ve already bought the Champers and Choccies for the themed party night.
Bit presumptuous Colin!
I know a few of the guys have got black balls and they are itching to use them.

(Hehe)

I've got that electric step on mine, which I think is pretty rare. It's a bit strange though. There's a tab under the left of the steering column which when in the on position, will open and close the electric step when the passenger side door is open and closed. I think this is how it's meant to be used. There's also a singular 'overide' button on the door pillar, just inside of the door above the handle. I still haven't got the hang of it as it's very 'settings' orientated. I think when you change a setting (as in flick the step tab under the driving column) it likes an engine/or ignition restart to readjust). It works fine, but it's sensitive to how it's set up (via the tab, or just the override switch, or the override even when the main tab switch in position on). I don't use it really, just wanted to know it works.

Last edited:
I know, I'm a bit green around the gills - only had mine a week so far! :laughing: 🤣
Was wondering because I have blue triangular lights on my door sills, and some random other blue lights in the door pockets. There are little buttons on each door that turn the lights on and off, but it looks too much like it's part of the door to be after-market. But hey, it's probably standard spec for all I know and all have them - it's little things you don't necessarily notice when you're looking about - and only finding stuff out after getting one home... 🤔🤣

some random other blue lights in the door pockets. There are little buttons on each door that turn the lights on and off, but it looks too much like it's part of the door to be after-market. But hey, it's probably standard spec for all I know and all have them - it's little things you don't necessarily notice when you're looking about - and only finding stuff out after getting one home... 🤔🤣
My 2002 XL has those and I've seen them on a few others. Also illuminates the front and mid-row footwell areas with that dim blue glow.

I know, I'm a bit green around the gills - only had mine a week so far! :laughing: 🤣
Was wondering because I have blue triangular lights on my door sills, and some random other blue lights in the door pockets. There are little buttons on each door that turn the lights on and off, but it looks too much like it's part of the door to be after-market. But hey, it's probably standard spec for all I know and all have them - it's little things you don't necessarily notice when you're looking about - and only finding stuff out after getting one home... 🤔🤣
Magical mystery buses.
Welcome to automotive discovery.

Back