• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Portsdown Summer Celebration 31st March

Great to meet everyone today ... eventually!!! A pity II obviously missed the cake. Many thanks for all your directions and for your expert knowldege and advice on things beyond my comprehension. Some lovely vehicles!!! I look forward to the next meet.
Marie

the cake was in mine for every one to help themselves :yum the grandkids are just about to finish it off for pudding :cool: it was nice to meet you:) hope all your questions were answered

Brilliant mini meet arranged for today by @Stempy at Micks Monster Burgers in Portsdown Portsmouth and I absolutely loved it, thank you @Stempy and everyone else for turning up...

I stayed on at the end and sampled a 1/2 cheese burger & chips while watching the mob of nutters on 2 wheels wheelspin and wheelie out of the car park, very entertaining and the burger was awesome too... I give it a 4 out 5 @Nathane69 :)

I've learnt so much more again today and now need even more money for project bits

Micks Monster Burgers Portsdown 31-3-19 (2).jpg

Micks Monster Burgers Portsdown 31-3-19 (1).jpg

Micks Monster Burgers Portsdown 31-3-19 (3).jpg

Ignore the other cars, 'look at that view' from an Elgrand, awesome venue, no parking charges... and burgers and teas on tap.... its just how I picture Heaven :)

PS: I completely forgot to try some of the coffee cake that Mrs @robert edwards made, bugger... next time and thanks for making it for everyone :)

Last edited:
Great to meet everyone today! I love that every Elgrand you see is different! So much better than the standard VW's.

Thank you all for your advice and was great seeing the conversions we are narrowing down what we are wanting by the day! But first, lpg and new stereo & dvd unit!

IMG_20190331_110636.jpgIMG_20190331_110634.jpgIMG_20190331_110610.jpg

Brilliant mini meet arranged for today by @Stempy at Micks Monster Burgers in Portsdown Portsmouth and I absolutely loved it, thank you @Stempy and everyone else for turning up...

I stayed on at the end and sampled a 1/2 cheese burger & chips while watching the mob the nutters on 2 wheels wheelspin and wheelie out of the car park, very entertaining and the burger was awesome too... I give it a 4 out 5 @Nathane69 :)

I've learnt so much more again today and now need even more money for project bits

View attachment 16141

View attachment 16142

View attachment 16140

Ignore the other cars, 'look at that view' from an Elgrand, awesome venue, no parking charges... and burgers and teas on tap.... its just how I picture Heaven :)

PS: I completely forgot to try some of the coffee cake that Mrs @robert edwards made, bugger... next time and thanks for making it for everyone :)

Small world but I believe you work with my sister! Lauren Curtis!

Haha wow. She said to me today, my work mate said he was going to Portsdown Hill for a meet today, he drives a really dark purpley/black car like yours all blacked out. His name is Robin. My bad.

Haha wow. She said to me today, my work mate said he was going to Portsdown Hill for a meet today, he drives a really dark purpley/black car like yours all blacked out. His name is Robin. My bad.

No worries, spooky coincidence though :)

Now we need to track down the other Robin to see why he didn't pop down, lol

100% but then again with my view on her info now being very low he might have a micra lol

On another note, what's the benefit of a cyclone 4? If I'm changing my head unit why do I need a cyclone and what would it play on?

100% but then again with my view on her info now being very low he might have a micra lol

On another note, what's the benefit of a cyclone 4? If I'm changing my head unit why do I need a cyclone and what would it play on?

Lol

The cyclone 4 is a cheap solution to run on the existing setup if you have Films on a USB Drive :) if you have the rear RCA point in the back that is, I have one that I could have shown you today... next time :)

Last edited:
Oh bugger, the stereo for me is a big thing so I will have to see if I think I still need one

I stayed on at the end and sampled a 1/2 cheese burger & chips while watching the mob of nutters on 2 wheels wheelspin and wheelie out of the car park, very entertaining and the burger was awesome too... I give it a 4 out 5 @Nathane69 :)

View attachment 16141

View attachment 16142

View attachment 16140

Love the front pic of yours @Claptrap , looks more like Darth Vader every time I see it.

Oh bugger, the stereo for me is a big thing so I will have to see if I think I still need one

The cyclone 4 is independent from my Stereo, I have a pioneer stereo with CarPlay which I run all the CarPlay apps through, mainly Spotify, and can plug USB/films in too

Plus I can run separate films through the rear screen and car wings screen via the SatNav/DVD for NTSC films, plus the cyclone for USB films.

Basically, i can have Spoitify music in the front and everyone else can watch a dvd/usb film in the back at the same time :)

Back