• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

number plates

Grrrrrr - I didn’t think ahead and had no idea this would even be an issue! I’ve just received a ULEZ penalty charge for driving a June 2006 e51 in the Ulez zone, a car that on its previous reg was compliant. I will get another notice for a couple of day ago! I will appeal - but how can I prove my car is ULEZ compliant when we know it is a bit of a grey area? Just rely on the registration date of June 2006? Can’t believe I’m here again, after fighting for my 54 plate e51 to he recognised as ULEZ compliant several years ago! And will the TfL database actually update at any point or will I just keep getting fines as it doesn’t recognise the dateless plate? Madness
Assume you've recently changed to a personalised plate? As you say, previous registration was compliant so new one will be too. You just have to wait till database updates or if you dont want to wait just let them know.
See my post above https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/number-plates.46313/post-662024
 
Assume you've recently changed to a personalised plate? As you say, previous registration was compliant so new one will be too. You just have to wait till database updates or if you dont want to wait just let them know.
See my post above https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/number-plates.46313/post-662024
Thanks John, my worry here is that the plate change caused TFL to say they didn’t recognise the plate and that the car would be treated as “new” and as if it did meet the criteria, however now the car has pulled through it has changed to say that TFL doesn’t know whether or not it’s ULEZ compliant but it is up to me to prove it is - as if this IS the updated entry!

I will obviously appeal the PCN, but all I have is the old v5, the new v5 and the plate change receipt but nothing to evidence the car with the old plate was Ulez compliant!
 
Thanks John, my worry here is that the plate change caused TFL to say they didn’t recognise the plate and that the car would be treated as “new” and as if it did meet the criteria, however now the car has pulled through it has changed to say that TFL doesn’t know whether or not it’s ULEZ compliant but it is up to me to prove it is - as if this IS the updated entry!
When did you change to the new plate?
 
It was 16th November - the ULEZ entry was updated from “we will give you the benefit of the doubt” to “prove it” within the last few days
 
Hopefully the info in the post I shared above can be used to appeal the fines...
 
It was 16th November - the ULEZ entry was updated from “we will give you the benefit of the doubt” to “prove it” within the last few days
Where are those ULEZ entries showing? I've never seen anything like that on the TFL ULEZ checker.
 
I suspect I'll need to apply for this myself but I expected it to happen so printed off the search results from ULEZ and CAZ with the original reg, and will be able to submit those with an appeal.
 
If you enter VF06 CJH you will see what my new reg indicated initially

Entering the new reg now says :

icon-warning.782a87c9.svg

We don't know if your vehicle meets emissions standards​

Check your number plate is correct. You'll need to provide us proof if you believe it meets emissions standards – we'll tell you how in the next step.

Results will show charges you need to pay today until you tell us more about this vehicle.
 
Where are those ULEZ entries showing? I've never seen anything like that on the TFL ULEZ checker.
Sorry - two posts below yours
 
Really appreciate this late night help - it’s one reason I went back to an Elgrand, this community!
 
Thanks - appreciate this. I may have to go down this road!
You shouldn't need to go through the whole exemption process which should only apply to pre 2006.
Just send them evidence of the change of registration. If you've got a screenshot of the original exemption then send that too. If not send a copy of the V5c to show its a 2006 vehicle.
 
You shouldn't need to go through the whole exemption process which should only apply to pre 2006.
Just send them evidence of the change of registration. If you've got a screenshot of the original exemption then send that too. If not send a copy of the V5c to show its a 2006 vehicle.
...and tell them your previous registration (quote the no) was exempt, the vehicle has not changed and therefore exemption should apply to the new registration in the same way.
 
...and tell them your previous registration (quote the no) was exempt, the vehicle has not changed and therefore exemption should apply to the new registration in the same way.
I think all is well again - without too much fuss although I did send 5 emails to TFL to make sure. Awaiting the result of my PCN appeal but I assume it will be in my favour as the car is now showing to be ULEZ compliant again. I don’t feel my cynicism was misplaced though, once bitten…….
 
I think all is well again - without too much fuss although I did send 5 emails to TFL to make sure. Awaiting the result of my PCN appeal but I assume it will be in my favour as the car is now showing to be ULEZ compliant again. I don’t feel my cynicism was misplaced though, once bitten…….
Good news. It will be a happy Christmas after all!
 
Good news. It will be a happy Christmas after all!
You’ll like this one - I set up autopay as a precaution and having checked my account I see that 625 will be debited from my account in January. That’s two ULEZ payments (recorded on a day when my car was showing it was ULEZ compliant, as I had checked) plus two LEZ payments. I mean, what the ……..? Obviously I wish I hadn’t set up autopay now - but if you use tunnels then it’s 1.50 with and 4 without. Being “autopay” I’m not sure I can cancel any payments as it’s not through a bank card. If I cancel my standing order to TFL I guess it may work - just cause me aggro when use the Blackwall tunnel!
 
You’ll like this one - I set up autopay as a precaution and having checked my account I see that 625 will be debited from my account in January. That’s two ULEZ payments (recorded on a day when my car was showing it was ULEZ compliant, as I had checked) plus two LEZ payments. I mean, what the ……..? Obviously I wish I hadn’t set up autopay now - but if you use tunnels then it’s 1.50 with and 4 without. Being “autopay” I’m not sure I can cancel any payments as it’s not through a bank card. If I cancel my standing order to TFL I guess it may work - just cause me aggro when use the Blackwall tunnel!
I'm sure you'll be firing off a strong letter!
Good luck🤞
 
Back
Top