• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North East North East almost Yorks - Redcar

Beach restrictions start in May but some areas and The Stray itself will be dog welcoming. Loads of space to run the dog

ditto re Andy and his polish, but we can allow him loose on ours with his mit. We can keep him topped up with coffee
Wasting your time trying to bribe @dognero with coffee! He is a barista with his own coffee machine in the boot lol

Is this still going ahead. If so I will be there.

Will see how things are with the dog , if he's OK we will probably turn up . 👍

See you all bright & early in the morning - weather looks reasonable according to the BBC Forecast.

Still got an extra week to wash & polish it.

Will stick a few notes and pics on,
Gents..we've just done newcastle to fraserburgh then across to loch ness then loch lomond then dumfries and galloway then home..first real long journey..can someone correct me if I'm wrong but I used 105 litres that's 23 gallons ( all approx) ...1201km that's 746 miles..according to my calculations ( and I could be wrong ) but that's 32 mpg...could this be right..2.5 hws...😀

Gents..we've just done newcastle to fraserburgh then across to loch ness then loch lomond then dumfries and galloway then home..first real long journey..can someone correct me if I'm wrong but I used 105 litres that's 23 gallons ( all approx) ...1201km that's 746 miles..according to my calculations ( and I could be wrong ) but that's 32 mpg...could this be right..2.5 hws...😀
Hi Brian,
I didn’t check mpg on my trip but was very surprised at how far I was getting on my fuel. Same 2.5 fully loaded with camping bits (awning, kitchen, wife’s wardrobe).
I stuck at around 60mph and used power button a couple of times for overtakes on inclines.
As I said, I didn’t count my miles or mpg but did my trip cost £110 in fuel, which is less than expected. Rough guesstimate for me was 29mpg, based on 400miles.
So your figures are believable for the type of roads and driving.

Hi Brian,
I didn’t check mpg on my trip but was very surprised at how far I was getting on my fuel. Same 2.5 fully loaded with camping bits (awning, kitchen, wife’s wardrobe).
I stuck at around 60mph and used power button a couple of times for overtakes on inclines.
As I said, I didn’t count my miles or mpg but did my trip cost £110 in fuel, which is less than expected. Rough guesstimate for me was 29mpg, based on 400miles.
So your figures are believable for the type of roads and driving.
That brilliant mick...I'm dead pleased with that cos around doors, short journies I'm getting about 18...mines a side conversion...carrying all the usual..30 litres of water, me the wife and dog...the wife was driving all the time and stuck at around 55mph...I'm gonna let her drive all the time...🤣🤣

That brilliant mick...I'm dead pleased with that cos around doors, short journies I'm getting about 18...mines a side conversion...carrying all the usual..30 litres of water, me the wife and dog...the wife was driving all the time and stuck at around 55mph...I'm gonna let her drive all the time...🤣🤣
Lucky you, my wife has not driven ours yet, but as I’ve now sold my car and may need to borrow her little runabout for some work trips (places where I struggle to get a parking spot) , she might need to use Ellie occasionally. 🤞🤔.
You talked her into meet at The Stray on Saturday morning yet?
My other half is coming along despite it being an early one.

Is the car park in the location of the Stray cafe? Or is it the bigger ones near Redcar?

Attachments

• 55F5B1B8-C1CF-4FDC-A2DE-CD6CE29310B3.png
    55F5B1B8-C1CF-4FDC-A2DE-CD6CE29310B3.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 4
Ignore that, I’ve just read the instructions properly 🤦🏼‍♂️

Attachments

• 2611E723-7FF0-4670-A15D-82611E81DAD1.png
    2611E723-7FF0-4670-A15D-82611E81DAD1.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
Back