• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Newbie looking buy an e52

stevie_514

Active Newbie
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North East
Newbie looking for an e52 between 2010- 2014 around summer time. Upon starting the exciting road to finding my ideal one, the only descision made so far is that i am going for the 3.5 v6. Now i need your help. I have searched the question , ' Trim levels in order from low to the highest ' but everywhere I have searched gives a slightly different answer, ?!. Can you guys in the know, give my the definative list. Appreciate it, thnx

Last edited:
Thing is the trim levels come with a set list of things, but the availability of options to add to a specific trim is seemingly endless, so two cars are often not identical, even in a given spec.
For eg, you might see a 'Highway Star' spec advertised with leather seats, another without. One with cruise, the other without. Then a third pops up with curtains and leather, but wait, another pops up with a slide step, but no leather seats or cruise,,, but it's still a Highway star spec.
The most common seem to be the 'Highway Star' spec (someone correct me if I'm wrong there), but there are also (slightly rarer?) specs such as the XL (this spec isn't banned, as it's not a Bully, but a loaded up spec), and the 'Rider' for eg, which focuses a touch more on handling etc.
Basically, I'd just go through the ads and see one adorned with that you think you'll want.
Remembering though that lots of options can mean more things going wrong. Not that that will necessarily occur of course.
Not trying to dissuade, but read up on that E52 CVT gearbox.
Patience is often your biggest friend.

I bought my E52 XL from Jap motors in Sheffield, they had a lot to choose from , treated very well. Very happy with mine so far, apart from Lincolnshire pot holes ! Blew my near side rear tyre picking up my youngest daughter from a night out in Lincoln. Lucky for me the tyres where "run flat " tyres so managed to limp back to Boston.

I bought my E52 XL from Jap motors in Sheffield, they had a lot to choose from , treated very well. Very happy with mine so far, apart from Lincolnshire pot holes ! Blew my near side rear tyre picking up my youngest daughter from a night out in Lincoln. Lucky for me the tyres where "run flat " tyres so managed to limp back to Boston.
Have you got a couple of Elgrands? As you're profile says E51 owner?

Thing is the trim levels come with a set list of things, but the availability of options to add to a specific trim is seemingly endless, so two cars are often not identical, even in a given spec.
For eg, you might see a 'Highway Star' spec advertised with leather seats, another without. One with cruise, the other without. Then a third pops up with curtains and leather, but wait, another pops up with a slide step, but no leather seats or cruise,,, but it's still a Highway star spec.
The most common seem to be the 'Highway Star' spec (someone correct me if I'm wrong there), but there are also (slightly rarer?) specs such as the XL (this spec isn't banned, as it's not a Bully, but a loaded up spec), and the 'Rider' for eg, which focuses a touch more on handling etc.
Basically, I'd just go through the ads and see one adorned with that you think you'll want.
Remembering though that lots of options can mean more things going wrong. Not that that will necessarily occur of course.
Not trying to dissuade, but read up on that E52 CVT gearbox.
Patience is often your biggest friend.
Thanks for that

Looks great đź‘Ť

what was the mileage on it?

Yes, those alloys are funky. Cool
49,000 was the best of the bunch there at the showroom.....for ÂŁ3000 more I cud of had ones with auto tail gate, 2 auto slide doors instead of 1 , 3.5 engine, more bling and bodykit ( Autech Rider ) etc etc .....but all slightly older and higher mileage.

Back