• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

New toy to fit....

Tino

Well-Known Member
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Messages
576
Reaction score
1,425
Points
213
Location
Carlisle
First Name
Martin
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
Excited to fit my canm8 cruise control when it arrives, got a week booked camping in Ely too soon, cruise should make the 5hr journey even more comfortable

How many of you guy's have a canm8 fitted?
 
I find non-radar cruise a pain in the UK as you always keep touching the brake and resetting so what I would like is the driver adjustable speed limiter function. I haven't found this as a separate unit, just within the cruise controls.
Does anyone have an opinion on which system provides the best version of this feature? Or the cheapest?
 
T
I find non-radar cruise a pain in the UK as you always keep touching the brake and resetting so what I would like is the driver adjustable speed limiter function. I haven't found this as a separate unit, just within the cruise controls.
Does anyone have an opinion on which system provides the best version of this feature? Or the cheapest?
The canm8 does have speed limiter but not adjustable on the fly, does have 2 additional pre-sets you can set to your 2 preferred speeds too. Hopefully someone will be able to give you some advice on your query 👍🏻
 
I had a Canm8 in my HWS and it worked fine, I had it fitted by the importer, Vine Place, when they did the camper conversion.
 
Excited to fit my canm8 cruise control when it arrives, got a week booked camping in Ely too soon, cruise should make the 5hr journey even more comfortable

How many of you guy's have a canm8 fitted?
I fitted one about a year ago works great 👍
 
i really need to buy this .its the only thing missing from this great car.
 
I chose a Pivot as it included a throttle controller. Cruise is a real bonus though, wouldn't want a car without it.
I'm trying to decide between pivot and cam8. I believe these are the only 2 options? Can I ask what do you mean by throttle controller?
 
I'm trying to decide between pivot and cam8. I believe these are the only 2 options? Can I ask what do you mean by throttle controller?
Could be the many different modes for throttle response, it's a different beast when it's on sP7 😉
Also tells you how hard you're pressing the loud pedal, 55% is my favourite 😉😜
 
I'm trying to decide between pivot and cam8. I believe these are the only 2 options? Can I ask what do you mean by throttle controller?
The throttle controller modulates the response of the throttle body to accelerator pedal input. They can be set to various levels from economy to sport. In economy they also restrict full throttle to 80%.
 
I find that you get the best fuel economy in SP7 as well, just doesnt like cruise that much in that mode
 
Back
Top