• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Looking for some advice and recommendations please

Then best message the OP directly.
 
Why do you say the first Alternator, had been fitted incorrectly? it was not due to a leak, as far as I know, and the pump was replaced because it was failing, not because it was leaking. did you not think of checking for a leak, after you topped it up? Also your Mechanic , its the easiest thing to slag another garage off, see what he is like if you go back, with another problem, most will not touch Elgrands. But no point in naming and shaming on this, in my opinion.
 
But no point in naming and shaming on this, in my opinion.
Particularly as there's nothing to shame for. OP is also to be commended for checking if his expectations/hope is reasonable - totally different outcome if he'd not have waited nearly a year after finding the leak. Completely understandable though.
 
I'm not sure if the word 'shame' or 'shaming' is really the point. I'm not sure if it's 'shaming' if a person states they visited place X and received a service from place X which they considered poor (or an alternative, likewise word). I'd imagine if the forum rules where, like on many a forum, being able to name places which give perceived substandard service, I doubt other posters would protest.
Forum rules however are forum rules. On the other hand though, it seems fine when a particular dealer/outlet receives deep praise. Maybe, going forward that could be curtailed, as if place X receives great praise, it could be to the detriment to a potential purchaser, if the same place X also could receive some negative feedback, but feedback which is not allowed.
 
I'm not sure if the word 'shame' or 'shaming' is really the point. I'm not sure if it's 'shaming' if a person states they visited place X and received a service from place X which they considered poor (or an alternative, likewise word). I'd imagine if the forum rules where, like on many a forum, being able to name places which give perceived substandard service, I doubt other posters would protest.
Forum rules however are forum rules. On the other hand though, it seems fine when a particular dealer/outlet receives deep praise. Maybe, going forward that could be curtailed, as if place X receives great praise, it could be to the detriment to a potential purchaser, if the same place X also could receive some negative feedback, but feedback which is not allowed.
Although , I think , I know what you’re saying I have to slightly disagree.
There is never going to be an equal proportion of positive feedback to negative feedback whilst ever a forum is allowed to go down what I perceive to be the “normal” route as in , only existing to resolve problems people have and report what has gone wrong recently ( many forums exist for just this unfortunately).
We simply try not to be one of those.
We do of course like to hear of problems and help resolve whenever possible but we also like to celebrate our successes and share pride in our rides.
As for sharing negativity about garages or dealers , we have to be careful not to overstep the mark legaly as many forums do ( they don’t last long) and I think prefer to give the benefit of doubt whenever possible
It would be a shame for one person’s thirst for naming/shaming etc to bring down a well known well formed “community “
Word tends to get around anyway and karma is karma etc and now I’m waffling lol
 
name places which give perceived substandard service, I doubt other posters would protest.
OP wasn't giving negative feedback but wanting to get a check on what was reasonable/where he stood.

Karl, the site owner, has posted before about why even just potentially libelous stuff isn't allowed.

As it's his house (literally) on the line, there's zero chance of that changing 👍
 
Back
Top