• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Latest Upgrades

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Right then guys. Along with the mobile side of the forum now being powered by Tapatalk, which is proving to be a success going on the number of posts I am seeing from the app, I have been making some other improvements to the website functionality.

I added a few more "bolt ons" last night to improve the usability of the website for desktop users.

We have now got the following:

Breadcrumb Menu's: Provides easier navigation around the forum preventing the need to go back to the index to find the forum you want to move to. To use this, just hover the curser over the navigation bar at the top of the forum as you can see in the screenshot below.

breadcrumb_zpsufhbkjmp.jpg

Similar Topics: You will now see at the bottom of the technical forums a "Similar Topics" notification. This feature takes key words from the thread you are viewing and suggests other topics on the forum that have similar content. This will help when a topic has potentially been discussed in multiple threads with potentially different solutions to the same problem. The tool is there to help you find more relative information without having to scroll through all the forums and threads to find it.

similar_zpshnggwjy3.png

Private Message Status Bar: This should make it much more noticeable when you have a Private Message. I know that sometimes I miss the fact that I have them. This add on will highlight things in pretty colours to attract people with a Magpie like personality ("oooh, shiney shiney") like me :laugh:

Share On: I've not tested to see if this works yet, but this add on allows you to quickly share a thread on social networking sites without having to copy and paste the link. You will see the share button at the bottom of the thread.

share_zps9o8e3vyr.png

There is another add on called "Topic Solved" which allows a user to mark a technical thread as resolved when the answer to the initial question has been obtained (to let others know that there is an answer to that problem in that thread). Unfortunately this isn't working at the moment as we don't have the correct version of PHP on the server, I'll see if we can get this updated, but if not, no biggie.

All other add ons have been installed to make my life easier with running things in the background.

Enjoy :thumbup:

Like it Karl should make life easier :clap2:

I have tapatalk on my phone but cannot find ElgrandOC or any thing to do with Elgrand?? am I doing something wrong :(

JohnE said:
I have tapatalk on my phone but cannot find ElgrandOC or any thing to do with Elgrand?? am I doing something wrong :(

I had to uninstall and reinstall tapatalk - it's actually got a completely new look - I wonder if there are a couple of different tapatalk apps - some compatible and some not - but I now have it on here and my other forums are still accessible too.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using snake

Edit: seems to have a tendency to double-post though :D

[mod=Karl]Fixed - duplicates removed[/mod]

I was having a few issues re-installing Tapatalk & EOC link up last night. Site was triggering app link but wasn't showing in app. It did eventually work properly ;)

JDM 03 Nissan Elgrand E51 vg - CAN 03 Chevy Roadtrek 190p - UK 03 Toyota RAV4 gx

The share buttton is good so you just have to do one entry and share it to Facebook then people can see an urgent help thread

Sorted changed my search engine to yahoo works fine

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Re: Latest Upgrades

JohnE said:
d51e68eb786c92ea452a29d91595e53f.jpg

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Back