• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

JAE 2015 - Equipment Organising Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've added to the main equipment list the items I have just purchased for the club.

When we all set up on Thursday, we will do a run to the local super market. During this trip we will buy a lot of Ice and other bits required. We can all go in one van (the joys of an 8 seater), and between us get everything we need.

Remember to call ahead and see if the local supermarket has the amount of ice required and see if you can pre/pay/reserve some as other clubs will have the same idea and could well be out of stock before you get there.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Experience from my first camping trip with the Elgrand, to Cadwell Park BSB a couple of weeks ago.
We have a mains supply most of the time so took the option of using the car battery for lighting/device charging etc. with a charger permanently connected - completely flattened the battery! Looks like either the charger was faulty or it could not cope with the electric usage. I'm sure the killer for me was the electric doors, so next time I will take a leisure battery for tent lighting and device charging for the future. I have bought a good quality charger, CTEK, which I know can maintain the battery charge level even using the doors a lot.
I was rescued by the RAC, whom I had joined the previous week! Guy started the car easily with a massive charger pack. When I discussed the situation with him he said you would never get one of these (3.5) going with jump leads. The unit he used supplied 900 amps for just a few seconds. He said if it didn't start in 2 seconds it was not going to start! I did toy with getting one of these, but it doesn't seem sensible to deliberately flatten the main battery, hence the leisure battery and permanent charger route.
I also have experience of generators. Avoid diesels unless you are already deaf! Cheap petrol generators have the same high noise problems. If you can afford it the only ones to have are Hondas.
Another thing that was a cheap option is the lock-together matting systems. If it's wet these are the only things that can keep you above the wet grass.

Hope this may help somebody.

Colin

Anybody else bringing a guitar or acoustic bass or drums with them??? we could have a campfire jam session one night, I'm not too keen on bloody disco music, so won't be spending loads of time at the nightly discos!!!!
Hey Rapper, have you got one of them sit on Cajun drums, they look and sound epic????

Not sure - I don't really do disco's either... but if there are any single females in there... I will probably venture in :rofl:

haha, it's a car show....THERE WILL BE NO SINGLE LADIES THERE, just ones that are dragged along by their boyfriends/husbands, and will mostly be in a miserable mood....that's why I'm leaving Joanne at home!!!!

LOL
Taxi to newark centre then , NOT :laugh:
i have just googled "night clubs in Newark on trent" and this is one of the options that came up

newarkconservativeclub.co.uk :yahoo:

headless said:
haha, it's a car show....THERE WILL BE NO SINGLE LADIES THERE, just ones that are dragged along by their boyfriends/husbands, and will mostly be in a miserable mood....that's why I'm leaving Joanne at home!!!!

You are wrong. There will be (I should think) a lot of "car girls" there. I use the term loosely, because they pretend to be into cars as an excuse to get cock - who am I to deny them that? :clap2: :rofl: :blush:

I like the........... You are wrong. There will be (I should think)......haha, I'm absolutely positive you are wrong, I think!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back