• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Infiniti rear badge

OwenoWent

Premium Member
Wales
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Owen
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
A bit of a weird one on an Elgrand I spotted today.

Was a 07 E51 S3 HWS. It had half a Rider grill on the front (the debadged chrome) but a standard HWS bumper. Everything else seemed 'stock'

But the rear had an Infiniti badge instead of a Nissan one. Can't imagine this is a mod that anybody would prioritise when everything else seems stock? Even the standard HWS wheels had the Nissan logo on the centre caps.

Just struck me as strange. Assume no Elgrand ever shipped originally as Infiniti?

Could be that someone has just put an infiniti badge on the back etc
It could also be a proper infiniti job, at the end of the day Infiniti is the luxury brand of Nissan , therefore an Infiniti Elgrand would be deemed to have lots more luxury items

Could be that someone has just put an infiniti badge on the back etc
It could also be a proper infiniti job, at the end of the day Infiniti is the luxury brand of Nissan , therefore an Infiniti Elgrand would be deemed to have lots more luxury items
Yeh - just never seen an Infiniti one before.

And from the outside, it was very close to being standard. Unless the inside was particularly luxury, on that i can't comment

You would expect more than just the rear badge wouldn’t you lol
I’ve seen a few stock Elgrand with Infiniti badges and even one with Infiniti front grill, but “ as you say” stock
But then I’ve even seen a pic of an Elgrand with a “VW” badge hey @RuskinStreet

Actually found the Infiniti UK sales data (see below). Most they sold were 3500 on 2017, which had dropped to just 292 2 years later. You are probably way more likely to see an Elgrand!

Infiniti car sales in the United Kingdom (UK) from 2010 to 2019

Characteristic Units sold
2019 292
2018 750
2017 3,515
2016 2,891
2015 1,195
2014 746
2013 386
2012 530
2011 382
2010 232

There's been one or two come up in the spotted section like this one https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/white-05-s2-helston-turnpike.27843/
As far as I'm aware they were never sold under the infiniti name so just someone fitting the badge to look different.
In a similar vein, Toyota consider Lexus a "different" marque... whatever!
Fools and their money etc...

You would expect more than just the rear badge wouldn’t you lol
I’ve seen a few stock Elgrand with Infiniti badges and even one with Infiniti front grill, but “ as you say” stock
But then I’ve even seen a pic of an Elgrand with a “VW” badge hey @RuskinStreet
Do you know what @Highway Dave & @OwenoWent seen as Renault & Nissan are all part of the same happy family I am going ask Santa for some Renault badges for Christmas
I will be exhibiting my Renault Elgrand Étoile de l'autoroute in January 2023 🤣 👍
1671750935070.png

Actually found the Infiniti UK sales data (see below). Most they sold were 3500 on 2017, which had dropped to just 292 2 years later. You are probably way more likely to see an Elgrand!

Infiniti car sales in the United Kingdom (UK) from 2010 to 2019

Characteristic Units sold
2019 292
2018 750
2017 3,515
2016 2,891
2015 1,195
2014 746
2013 386
2012 530
2011 382
2010 232
Several years back I was working on a big project which required me to travel a lot. On a very busy week the car hire firm gave me an Infiniti something or other. It was a great car to drive.

Back