• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

I just discovered Zenmarket!!

So will this make my mirrors close automatically on locking and is it just a case of pluging in ?

So will this make my mirrors close automatically on locking and is it just a case of pluging in ?
Looking at the product photos and using google translate, yes. Looks like it will fold back the door mirrors when you lock the car. It also says please check the shape/size of connectors before ordering but there is no cutting/wiring just plug and play.

It will need wiring in, power, earth, lock and unlock.

Hmm, I'm interested too now. I wonder what switch type 1 is though...

will browse the site

My package is being packed!

Annoyingly the sill kick plates were out of stock at Amazon.jp when they went to order them.. so I had to track some others down which were a little more expensive.

So, my package is awaiting collection by the courier.

My package dimensions and weight are - 82cm × 20cm × 10cm - 3306g

The shipping cost is £68! This was more than I was expecting, I guess it's the size / weight of the package. It does include VAT, which I hadn't even considered...

Now for the wait. I'm not sure if it's coming by air or sea as the "next cheapest available delivery" option was chosen by them. I just hope there aren't any bridges on route.

I probably should have started my first order with something more simple. Like a Nissan pen. 😁

Ouch. £68.
My 3 items are around 1kg and about £26 for postage. Fingers crossed it all arrives safely

Ouch. £68.
My 3 items are around 1kg and about £26 for postage. Fingers crossed it all arrives safely

I'm thinking it's the 82cm that's done it.. I chose the default delivery option originally as I didn't really know what I was doing, but obviously that option wasn't available. My next choice was "next cheapest"... again, I didn't know which to choose. I thought they would weigh and measure the package and THEN I'd be able to alter couriers if required. I'm sure it said that somewhere...maybe I imagined it Oh well.

Last edited:
So how much in the hole are you all in?
I had estimated around £30 based on their shipping calculator, but knew size was an issue, most were fine up to 150cm, so I didn't think it was going to be too much more.

This was all a learning experience, so maybe next time, if there is one, I'll avoid lengthy items.

Ouch. £68.
Can I ask what you three items are, nothing lengthy I guess?

Yeah, I hope it arrives safely too! Better be packaged well for the price! 😅

So, my package is awaiting collection by the courier.

My package dimensions and weight are - 82cm × 20cm × 10cm - 3306g

The shipping cost is £68! This was more than I was expecting, I guess it's the size / weight of the package. It does include VAT, which I hadn't even considered...

Now for the wait. I'm not sure if it's coming by air or sea as the "next cheapest available delivery" option was chosen by them. I just hope there aren't any bridges on route.

I probably should have started my first order with something more simple. Like a Nissan pen. 😁
If you didn't mind waiting you could have chosen surface, good to keep in mind for next time :) I am only 2/3 months away from receiving my seat covers ;)
1711745317148.png

Damn! Though that is a long time.

Now that I'm seeing this again, I chose EMS as my first choice. They have used my second choice (Use the NEXT cheapest available shipping option). So right there for EMS it says max length 150cm and weight 30kg.. so I'm not sure what's happened. I have the dispatch note (in Japanese) which is EMS, yet it's more expensive than all of these. I guess I could email them and ask... it's done now though.

I did think I'd be able to go back to these options after they had weighted it etc, maybe I dreamt that.

Unless these prices are excluding VAT.. hmmm 🤔 Yes, I think they are, that would work out around£54. So EMS standard parcel.

Maybe should have gone with Fedex, unless that option wasn't available for some reason. Then you risk your package being washed up an a desert island.

You can 'repackage' your items. I think that then might give you the option to choose different delivery. I think it costs 1000 Yen to do this.

Last edited:
Can I ask what you three items are, nothing lengthy I guess?

Yeah, I hope it arrives safely too! Better be packaged well for the price! 😅
I bought these:

1) DRL https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B093GKMXVK?th=1
2) LED Indicator Bulbs https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08LPSCCYT
3) Fuel Filler Cap https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0CJ4GLSKV?th=1

All fairly lightweight and not large packages.

While there are some very interesting larger items in ZenMarket and other sites like BeForward shipping costs make them unviable e.g. some new headlights for USD75 but shipping is USD250.

I bought these:

1) DRL https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B093GKMXVK?th=1
2) LED Indicator Bulbs https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08LPSCCYT
3) Fuel Filler Cap https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0CJ4GLSKV?th=1

All fairly lightweight and not large packages.

While there are some very interesting larger items in ZenMarket and other sites like BeForward shipping costs make them unviable e.g. some new headlights for USD75 but shipping is USD250.

Cheers. Wish I'd seen that filler cap, it's nice!

Well, live and learn I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers. Wish I'd seen that filler cap, it's nice!

Well, live and learn I guess. 🤷‍♂️
It's a learning experience for me too. Thanks for mentioning ZenMarket on the OC - hadn't heard of shopping services/parcel forwarders before. Will be useful for some stuff!

I live to spread the joy! 😁 I only learnt about it watching DriveTribe on YouTube. Perhaps the only ad ever to actually work on me.

Damn! Though that is a long time.

Now that I'm seeing this again, I chose EMS as my first choice. They have used my second choice (Use the NEXT cheapest available shipping option). So right there for EMS it says max length 150cm and weight 30kg.. so I'm not sure what's happened. I have the dispatch note (in Japanese) which is EMS, yet it's more expensive than all of these. I guess I could email them and ask... it's done now though.

I did think I'd be able to go back to these options after they had weighted it etc, maybe I dreamt that.

Unless these prices are excluding VAT.. hmmm 🤔 Yes, I think they are, that would work out around£54. So EMS standard parcel.

Maybe should have gone with Fedex, unless that option wasn't available for some reason. Then you risk your package being washed up an a desert island.

You can 'repackage' your items. I think that then might give you the option to choose different delivery. I think it costs 1000 Yen to do this.
We live and learn but on the bright side you will get your goodies long before me :) I was so tempted but not worth wife killing me....

Back