• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

How comfortable is the middle seat…really?!

lincoln82

Active Newbie
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Laurie
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North West
7/8 seats - realistic?

Just looking at the 8 seat E51 Elgrands. For those with 3 children, can they all sit in the middle row? How comfortable is the middle seat?!

Thanks!

As I’ve mentioned before, my mother in law sits there every time she gets in the Van, even if the other seats are free.

I’ve never enquired as to how comfy she is because I don’t give a f@#k.

She often says to my wife that the ratchet straps across her lap are a bit too tight, but it’s better to be safe than sorry….safety first and all that.

Anyone who has tried to sit there has struggled with the seatbelt. It’s a pain in the arse.

Yeah, I’m thinking I might get a shoulder belt fitted.

As I’ve mentioned before, my mother in law sits there every time she gets in the Van, even if the other seats are free.

I’ve never enquired as to how comfy she is because I don’t give a f@#k.

She often says to my wife that the ratchet straps across her lap are a bit too tight, but it’s better to be safe than sorry….safety first and all that.
She probably just likes to look out the front
Tell her to stand and open the sunroof instead, I would lol

My son was always comfy in the middle but he’s slim, the wife never found it comfy at all ( I’m now being serious by the way)

I guess it is acceptable if you put child seat there. Otherwise, I found middle seat to be completely useless, so I have removed it. Car is much better without the middle seat

Using the 8 seats is not a comfortable option.. six seats is a luxury.. I’ve had 8 adults in our Elgrand before and only good for a short journey

Japanese people tend to be intrinsically small - so they can call it an 8 seater.

In America for instance it may be called 4 seater.

She probably just likes to look out the front
Tell her to stand and open the sunroof instead, I would lol
I don’t have a sunroof - mine is the racing version were the strength and rigidity of the body structure was paramount.

I guess it is acceptable if you put child seat there. Otherwise, I found middle seat to be completely useless, so I have removed it. Car is much better without the middle seat
So there is a child ancho in the middle seat? I always thought it was on either side of the middle seat only

ancho*
and just to add, I thought there were no child anchors in the third row seats

So there is a child ancho in the middle seat? I always thought it was on either side of the middle seat only
I don't think it has ISO fittings. But you can use a seat that is secured by a seatbelt

Back