• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Google Reviews

Winchester

Premium Member
Trader
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Elgrand
E51
If you have used my services… as many members have.. for underseal, decat, car parts and car sales, I would appreciate it very much if you would leave a Google review. My business is called Winchester Car Imports…. Just Google it 🤣

The reason for this request is that recently I have received some negative reviews from people that aren’t even customers… I’m trying to get it sorted with google but I’d really appreciate some genuine reviews from real customers to address the balance.

Genuine customers and honest reviews only please 👍

Thanks, Adrian
Winchester Car Imports

If you have used my services… as many members have.. for underseal, decat, car parts and car sales, I would appreciate it very much if you would leave a Google review. My business is called Winchester Car Imports…. Just Google it 🤣

The reason for this request is that recently I have received some negative reviews from people that aren’t even customers… I’m trying to get it sorted with google but I’d really appreciate some genuine reviews from real customers to address the balance.

Thanks, Adrian
Winchester Car Imports
Just done mate :)

Looking forward to writing the best google review of my life....just after free wind deflectors arrive at my door :mask::)

Thanks, Adrian
Winchester Car Imports
Good luck with Google, were the reviews in error or just out of spite.

I like leaving Google reviews but often come across negative ones that are clearly ment for another business, must be so bloody frustrating.

Free bump 😃

I see said bad reviewer has 4 other revies all bad, one of them for somebody driving badly 🤔, you sure you just didn't look at him wrong one day whilst you were buying a packet of crisps.

Last edited:
I see said bad reviewer has 4 other revies all bad, one of them for somebody driving badly 🤔, you sure you just didn't look at him wrong one day whilst you were buying a packet of crisps.
It’s fair to say, there is often two sides to a story …

I did manage to anger a potential customer, by selling a car before he could visit, however I do give customers the opportunity to hold a car on a deposit, he declined to do that , and it sold to someone else… I texted him as soon as I knew it was sold… but I didn’t know how far he had travelled … he wasn’t happy, I apologised… but he left a negative review, fair enough.

…but then a load of other negative ones suddenly appeared within hours, which seemed totally random? Most have been removed by google but the whacky ‘ships name’ one is still there 🙄

It’s fair to say, there is often two sides to a story …

I did manage to anger a potential customer, by selling a car before he could visit, however I do give customers the opportunity to hold a car on a deposit, he declined to do that , and it sold to someone else… I texted him as soon as I knew it was sold… but I didn’t know how far he had travelled … he wasn’t happy, I apologised… but he left a negative review, fair enough.
Yes, fair enough. I would have done the same in the reviewer's position if I were him. Just being honest. Not everyone wants to give a holding deposit on a car i presume he didn't see beforehand. Nightmare for anyone travelling a 2 hour distance (100-150 miles/200-300 mile round trip?) to turn around and go home as it got sold en route. I've read similar to that story more than often you'd think over the years, when researching google reviews of some places I was thinking of getting a car from (not your place, obviously).

I've sold things before under similar circumstances, if someone decides not to put a deposit on the understanding of if it sells it sells it's their own fault.

First one with money wins, unless something specific is agreed in advance.

I've sold things before under similar circumstances, if someone decides not to put a deposit on the understanding of if it sells it sells it's their own fault.

First one with money wins, unless something specific is agreed in advance.
Probably explains why I'll never be a business man lol
If someone confirmed in the morning/told me he's off, I wouldn't sell it if I knew he was travelling miles and miles. Of course I'd tell the other person interested the score and a) if this new person was going to buy it, I'm sure they'd hang on a couple of hours (probably make them even more keen with fomo) to see how it panned out with the one en route and b) if I'd had two people in a day wanting to buy a car, I'm sure I'd have no issue selling it asap soon enough *if* the first miraculously didn't turn up despite confirming travel on the morning, AND the new one I'd said 'hang on an hour mate and see how it goes' decided to have the huff.

Don't want to analyse people's decisions/reasons though, and right/wrong morals etc, so I'll leave it there.

Last edited:
If someone confirmed in the morning/told me he's off, I wouldn't sell it if I knew he was travelling miles and miles. Of course I'd tell the other person interested the score and a) if this new person was going to buy it, I'm sure they'd hang on a couple of hours (probably make them even more keen with fomo) to see how it panned out with the one en route and b) if I'd had two people in a day wanting to buy a car, I'm sure I'd have no issue selling it asap soon enough *if* the first miraculously didn't turn up despite confirming travel on the morning, AND the new one I'd said 'hang on an hour mate and see how it goes' decided to have the huff.

Don't want to analyse people's decisions/reasons though, and right/wrong morals etc, so I'll leave it there.
If they know it's first come first served there is nothing to get confused over, I put a deposit down before I drove to Wales with the ability to have it paid back and I could leave without vehicle, I wouldn't have travelled that sort of distance under anything vaguely ambiguous, it's nothing to do with morals it's common sense 😂

Unfortunately so many people say they are going to turn up and don't just wasting your time this happens so many times on Gumtree when I sell stuff it makes it hard decision are they going to turn up or not.
I have seen lots of people when they advertise stuff on Gumtree they say no holding because of this problem.

In an ideal world there wouldn’t be a clash of two people at the same time, unfortunately lots of people say they are coming… and don’t turn up without a word… it can be tricky to manage sometimes.

Unfortunately so many people say they are going to turn up and don't just wasting your time this happens so many times on Gumtree when I sell stuff it makes it hard decision are they going to turn up or not.
Yes, I can see how that could easily occur too

In an ideal world there wouldn’t be a clash of two people at the same time, unfortunately lots of people say they are coming… and don’t turn up without a word…
And they're like speed bumps, in that those types spoil it for the genuine ones/everyone else. Unfortunately, life's like that in so many areas.

Thanks, Adrian
Winchester Car Imports

Just left a review, thanks Adrian

Sorry to hear this, Adrian. You’ve been very transparent here about the issue - as we’ve come to expect from you.
Thank you for doing my Waxoyl, de-cat and bushings. All brilliant. Plus the bonus cushions!!

This’ll make you laugh:

In a moment of madness I took the bus for a local hand-wash… I casually mentioned that the wheel arches have underseal on them… only to look in the mirror to see the guy going hell-for-leather with the jet lance! I popped my head out of the window to say “oh, that’s underseal !”
“Yes, it’s OK , I managed to get it off!!”

So, I’ve had to redo that bit!

Anyway, I’ve left a Google review for you.

Thanks again, Adrian

Charlie and Katya

I put a deposit down before I drove to Wales with the ability to have it paid back and I could leave without vehicle,
Of course i know that seller and getting the deposit back with no hassle would have been no issue. I did that too with the place you got yours from, after I saw it and decided to go ahead. Of course I'm sure I'm 100% correct in saying that is also what would have occurred in this case.
However, maybe anecdotal, but I've read numerous google reviews over the years of deposit paying 'non' eventual buyers having all sorts of grief getting their deposit back, even from big (regular car) dealerships. Again as stated, I'm sure this wouldn't have occurred for a moment in this case. But sometimes people might think it easier/less potential grief if they don't put money down/give card details on something they've never seen physically. I mean, if you turn up and don't like a car you walk away having given zilch out of your wallet in advance.
Just saying I totally understand the other side of the argument, too.

Back