• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Front seat covers

George322

Here for life
Premium Member
North East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
George
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
My front seats (camper- so only need front seats) are looking a bit worse for wear so I've been looking for something decent that will fit properly and the best I can find so far are from Totally Covers UK at £99.99 a set. They have good ratings on Amazon.

Has anyone tried these or is there a better option?
I fancy the black/brown ones but will have to ask SWMBO for approval (She will pick a different colour but I don't mind as long as she doesn't choose the bright pink or the dayglo ones. :)

Would love to check out that post but can't find it anymore - can someone repost content in here please if possible?

Would love to check out that post but can't find it anymore - can someone repost content in here please if possible?
The link does work. As you've only just reached your 10 posts it might have not been available to you before. Log out then back in and you should be able to access it.

Just on this , in Australia you can get Denim or Neoprene (wetsuit material) seat covers. Has anyone tried any of these as neither really sounds comfortable ?

Thanks , which one did you try and what was it like ?

Interested in following this outcome

Here are a couple of the options

https://www.rubbertree.com.au/product/88510/denim-seat-covers-for-Nissan-Elgrand-3rd-gen-2010

https://www.rubbertree.com.au/product/62841/neoprene-seat-covers-for-Nissan-Elgrand-3rd-gen-2010

It would be cheaper to buy another Ellie! :)
Your choice will be down to your budget for this job - I can't imagine that £100 for some seat covers is going to give you the sort of wear, look and fit that a bespoke cover will give you (v-nice covers BTW there @Steve Thompson).

When I had my RnR bed made I bought extra material (some sort of har wearing vinyl type, not leather) and had a local upholsterer cover the front seats to match and he did it in Bentley Stitching and charged me £600 the pair to do but he said given the work effort he'd charge more the next time around (and that was 6 years ago but they've had a lot of use and look almost as fresh and new as the day that I got them) which puts Steve's seats in leather as a good price.

Having said that, over the years on here I've seen what look to be great 3rd party seat covers (possibly bought from a Japanese site?) at maybe £200-£300 a pair - hopefully someone will come along with a link?

Quality costs it seems - maybe buying used seats from a scrapped vehicle might suit some budgets better?
1666327093988.png 1666327208983.png

yeah I basically have kids who like to make a mess so its more to protect the seats so they arent stained when we re-sell. Although sourcing replacement seats may fix that getting parts in Australia for anything tends to be expensive even from a wrecker

Reading Alan's reply (Thank's Alan) :)) made me remember that there is a good upholsterer only a couple of miles from me.
I used him a few years ago when we got a new dog that demolished the back seats in a brand new Picasso C4 and he did a very good job. (So did the dog!)
I'll pop in and have a chat with him in the next few days. I'm sure he will come up with a better solution than the £99 covers I had in mind.

My front seats (camper- so only need front seats) are looking a bit worse for wear so I've been looking for something decent that will fit properly and the best I can find so far are from Totally Covers UK at £99.99 a set. They have good ratings on Amazon.

Has anyone tried these or is there a better option?
I fancy the black/brown ones but will have to ask SWMBO for approval (She will pick a different colour but I don't mind as long as she doesn't choose the bright pink or the dayglo ones. :)
These look fine! The black ones are simple. What did you end up going with and do you have pics?

I got some cheap stretch-over ones that have proved to be useless. There's a local re-upholsterer who I'll be visiting once I can get round to it.

Back