• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

First time buyer E51 Series 3 vs Series 2 options

hi, old thread but whats the view now with series 2 or series 3? I am being told that the series 3 language issue can be solved by a firmware update?
Yeah - series 3 can be switched to English language with a ~£165 firmware update.

The series 3 also often has the 360 degree cameras the OP wanted.

Lastly, now there's instructions on fitting a head unit under the dash and displaying it on the existing screen, the inability to have a 2 din head unit mounted where the existing radio etc lives is a non-issue.

Yeah - series 3 can be switched to English language with a ~£165 firmware update.

The series 3 also often has the 360 degree cameras the OP wanted.

Lastly, now there's instructions on fitting a head unit under the dash and displaying it on the existing screen, the inability to have a 2 din head unit mounted where the existing radio etc lives is a non-issue.
Hi Mark,
Any pointers to this information? Who provides the firmware update (link). Where is the instruction for the under dash unit?
Thanks
Alex

:mad::sob::mad: Still no access to the "locked"topics @MarkT, so I need to wait a bit before I can read the lik.

:mad::sob::mad: Still no access to the "locked"topics @MarkT, so I need to wait a bit before I can read the lik.
You've got your 10 messages now so you can just log out then back in again and it'll all work 👍

You've got your 10 messages now so you can just log out then back in again and it'll all work 👍
Nope, I've cleared the cache, I've restarted my MacBook and still no joy. I will check it out later, or I need to shout HELP to any moderator on line 😂

@MarkT I am IN, we have a winner. Once again, thanks Mark. 👍

Can't open the link.
Probably because it's hidden behind the mildly irritating 10 post block thingy. You've got 6 posts, so 4 posts to go.

- say "Hi and welcome" to four newbies in the Introductions forum
- log out
- make a cup of tea
- log back in again.

Link will work for you, along with all the other technical sections 👍

Probably because it's hidden behind the mildly irritating 10 post block thingy. You've got 6 posts, so 4 posts to go.

- say "Hi and welcome" to four newbies in the Introductions forum
- log out
- make a cup of tea
- log back in again.

Link will work for you, along with all the other technical sections 👍
I will. This will be the 10th one. Thanks.

Im guessing now then that series 3 audio setup would be considered superior to series 2 with the above advancements, whereas with the first few posts in this topic more were leaning to series 2...

Im guessing now then that series 3 audio setup would be considered superior to series 2 with the above advancements, whereas with the first few posts in this topic more were leaning to series 2...
I'm interested in this too, got similar thoughts around a series 2 or 3, it seems either are fine and series 3 is now a better option for audio?

Back