• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Facebook - We should advise Facebook Elgrand group users to use this 'proper' forum.

Oh I know mate. The thread was started with good intentions. And its a valid point that people should use the forum more, as its a brilliant resource for information.
As the saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
Just some of the comments regarding fb users are a bit snidy.
I admit I may be to blame for some 'snidy' remarks, and if I have offended I apologise. But I actually feel very bitter and upset about some of the treatment I had on the ElgrandOC fb page, so it brought back some bad memories. I felt bullied, targeted, and had some very nasty comments, some in personal messages, that really went over and above what I would expect in the circumstances. I would never want ro be part of that again and so feel justified in how I react to it.

In the beginning, when the club was formed, it was all about the forum and it still remains the heart of the club. Facebook groups were added to help with the social element and to bring more attention to the club forum.

We even had it set up that technical related stuff was not allowed on the FB page and everyone was directed to the forum.

Unfortunately all this did was enrage a lot of people and create a lot of anger towards the club and staff (stupid, I know)

We made the decision to drop this rule and this has led to what we have now.

I don't understand why people refuse to even take a look at the forum or willing to give it a try, it's a far more suitable platform for car related discussions. I'm of the generation where all car groups were forum based and it just worked but all of these groups have now collapsed and turned to the darkside of FB and are much worse off because of that.

What were booming communities are now reduced to shadows of their former glory.

Facebook has killed the club scene

Facebook is good for posting pics and getting likes.

Long live the ElgrandOC forum (but I fear it's demise eventually)

Quote: Long live the ElgrandOC forum (but I fear it's demise eventually)

What would happen to my Trophy Points ?

I’m on it.

i shall buy you a better one, a Gold one, with right way around horns…..fear not.

View attachment 95674

note - Flower not included.
LOL, how long you spent finding that you don't think i really snapped ours do you, it's the wifes and she is very fond of it and i wouldn't dare (i'm very fond of my balls):p

p.s hope she doesn't see that one or she'll buy it ---i hate the feckers

... it's the wifes and she is very fond of it and i wouldn't dare (i'm very fond of my balls):p

Are they in a jar on the same shelf as the stag?

Food for thought, think next time you order sweet & sour pork balls 🤔

Back