• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Ensuring the Future of EOC - 10 Post Rule

I dont really understand the 10 posting clause. At the moment I am looking to buy a car, obviously once I have im sure it would be a valuable resource.

the latest example of the ten post rule working was last week when a trader posting in private sales was trying to sell a product that may not have worked as stated in the advert plus it stops a lot of spamming and helps members integrate into the community

Expect I am one of the bad ones, tend to mainly pop onto the f.book groups as quick and can easy pop up the odd photo , as using phone, two tablets and when get chance the pc. And always forgetting my passwords...As dosnt seem to remember or keep me logged in.... Anyway I see where you're coming from...hopefully I don't get locked out etc. And I get chance to post up more ...Mart.
Funkymartyn, try bitwarden for a free excellent password manager. Never need to remember but one password for the rest of your life. 2 years use no problems here.

As the club has grown over the past few years, and with the increased "guest" users browsing the forum, the admin team have decided to make a few changes.

This weekend, the forum will now be CLOSED to all GUESTS. This means, if you do not have a registered account, you will no longer be able to view the forum. This will stop bandwidth getting used up by people who are not contributing to the club.

Registration will remain 100% FREE! So anyone who genuinely needs to know what's going on will have to register an account to view the forum. Once you register, you will become a "REGISTERED" member. At this point, you will have access to:
  • General
  • Social
  • Photography
The other sections of the forum will still be locked out.

There will then be a POST COUNT "upgrade" to "ACTIVE" member. This will happen when you hit 10 posts. Hopefully this will allow people to introduce themselves a little and chat to other members before they get access to the more technical forums. This will encourage new members to build a rapport with existing members and help to integrate them into the community. When you become an "ACTIVE" member, you will then get access to:
  • Motoring Specific
  • Classifieds
Of course, there will still be the OPTIONAL choice to upgrade to premium status. This will remove the post limit and allow members to gain access to all areas of the forum without having to post, although we hope that anyone who opts to take this method will use their payment wisely to become part of the community. There will also still be the standard "PREMIUM" member upgrades such as access to discount codes and uploading pictures directly to the forum.

This decision has been made to ensure that the bandwidth usage on our server remains in keeping with our member base, which is supported by our premium members. We still hold the belief that the forum should remain a FREE resource for everyone, and that will remain the case. Membership applications are AUTO approved, there is no admin input to registration requests, so there will be no delay in signing up, and registration will still remain to be completely free of charge.

We hope this change is suited to all members.

ANYONE WHO HAS REGISTERED, BUT HAS LESS THAN 10 POSTS WILL LOSE THEIR ACCESS TO THE TECHNICAL SECTIONS. IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN THIS ACCESS, PLEASE WORK TOWARDS INCREASING YOUR POST COUNT BY JOINING IN WITH CONVERSATION.
Fair enough

I promised when I set the club up that it would always be free. I am a firm believer that information should be free and accessible to everyone. This change will ensure that I am keeping my promise, and no one will have to pay for the information, but it just requires them to give a little before they benefit.
I prefer knowing that the premium members of this club are the people who have been so happy with the help they have received that they choose to pay the optional fee to help maintain and grow the community.

There were 3 online forums previous to EOC. There was an Australian forum which was free, but they didn't accept new members (don't know why) so it never grew, and eventually died. Then there were 2 UK forums. One that was free to join, but again, they rarely accepted anyone, it was a bit hit and miss as to whether they accepted you (I tried for 8 months and got nowhere). Then another forum that you HAD to pay to join, and also have a telephone interview... which was just not manageable.

The set up for EOC has worked brilliantly, I just want to help keep our bandwidth usage in check, as the last few months have been touch and go. Once again we have had to increase the hosting fee to keep the website alive, but each time it increases, we rely more and more on premium members to ensure the future of the club.

If we can reduce the bandwidth by stopping "guests" from using the forum with no intention of joining in, then it removes the pressure on the club relying on premium members, and helps to ensure that the website will be running for many many more years to come.
As a new member with little knowledge of my Elgrand, I managed to use the forum for many many things before I received my car and would have been happy to pay a small members fee.
After paying out a LUMP of money 💰 the membership upgrade was a small amount to assist the club and help me with my on-going ownership dilemmas. I just want to say thanks for such a great club and all your effort and support....

I promised when I set the club up that it would always be free. I am a firm believer that information should be free and accessible to everyone. This change will ensure that I am keeping my promise, and no one will have to pay for the information, but it just requires them to give a little before they benefit.
I prefer knowing that the premium members of this club are the people who have been so happy with the help they have received that they choose to pay the optional fee to help maintain and grow the community.

There were 3 online forums previous to EOC. There was an Australian forum which was free, but they didn't accept new members (don't know why) so it never grew, and eventually died. Then there were 2 UK forums. One that was free to join, but again, they rarely accepted anyone, it was a bit hit and miss as to whether they accepted you (I tried for 8 months and got nowhere). Then another forum that you HAD to pay to join, and also have a telephone interview... which was just not manageable.

The set up for EOC has worked brilliantly, I just want to help keep our bandwidth usage in check, as the last few months have been touch and go. Once again we have had to increase the hosting fee to keep the website alive, but each time it increases, we rely more and more on premium members to ensure the future of the club.

If we can reduce the bandwidth by stopping "guests" from using the forum with no intention of joining in, then it removes the pressure on the club relying on premium members, and helps to ensure that the website will be running for many many more years to come.
Sounds like a good balance between being a paid for forum with voluntary charges and my having a minimum quota of posts to discourage forum sappers

Thanks for the info,I shall be doing that and I don't feel forced at all,I do completely understand the costs involved running a successful forum etc,and the £12 is more than reasonable.. I've also got a few write-ups that I intend to post about my own experiences with repairs so I'll help in both ways ,thanks again
Great colour scheme, should turn afew heads

As a new member with little knowledge of my Elgrand, I managed to use the forum for many many things before I received my car and would have been happy to pay a small members fee.
After paying out a LUMP of money 💰 the membership upgrade was a small amount to assist the club and help me with my on-going ownership dilemmas. I just want to say thanks for such a great club and all your effort and support....
Hi just joined, glad to see you sound pleased with advice you have received

By taking time to read positive posts particularly from newbies like my self helps paint a good picture of the forum rather than just being allowed to jump in on the technical issues.

Further to dipping your toes in reading a few good posts will encourage a good rapport both ways enabling a bidirectional flow of advice and support.

Over the years I have been a active member of a number of forums and clubs of classic cars, kit cars, photography, scuba diving, sailing, racing and golf more recently as age creeps up on you at an exponential rate lol.

Over the years I have been a active member of a number of forums and clubs of classic cars, kit cars, photography, scuba diving, sailing, racing and golf more recently as age creeps up on you at an exponential rate lol.
No doubt probably quite a few people on the forum will have common ground interests, so if you have any specific questions on any of the topics that could be of interest to you please ask and I will try to answer.

No doubt probably quite a few people on the forum will have common ground interests, so if you have any specific questions on any of the topics that could be of interest to you please ask and I will try to answer.
Many thanks. Welcome!

So.etimes its difficult to post for dyslexix

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t pay 12 quid to join even before buying your Elgrand! The resources alone give you much more than the petrol it would cost just to put the smile on your face when you burn the child at the lights in his Corsa! When the Elgrand you know is the way forward after all the research😂😂

It’s worth the money just for the wealth of information held by a select few on here
Even the one who absconded from this great British island ( in hindsight, he may have been right then as well)

Back