• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

ElgrandOC Awards 2019 - Poor Voting Turnout

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Come on guys. This initiative was brought in to give the members something back for their participation on the forum.
Last year we struggled to get buy in at first, but by the end, a lot of people got involved and we had close to 200 votes in the end across the categories.

Voting closes TOMORROW... and we have had 62 votes across all the different categories, and it's the same names that have appeared across the board.

We have got close to 2000 EXTRA members this year vs when we ran this last year, and yet we struggle to get you engaged with something that you can benefit from, or at least help another member out.

If we get less than 100 votes in total across the categories before the voting closes, this initiative will not continue for another year. It takes up an incredible amount of my time to set up, manage, and sort out prizes etc... and it's not worth it if people can't be arsed to use it.

Prove to me that the effort put into this annual awards is worth doing. Get voting and get engaged with the community.

Thought there’d be a few more entrants as well. My virtually bog standard van almost stands a chance in best e51 ha. Loads of nicer vans on here that could be in with contention.

I have voted in all the categories. BUT I have to say as someone who can usually manage to find their way around a forum I struggled finding them sometimes.
I can only think that because the threads were locked for replies people couldn't keep them 'active' so they kind of disappeared in to the vaults.
Not everyone reads their 'alerts' but just look at new posts.
I don't know if this is the case but for me personally I had to put a bit of effort in to finding the threads again to vote.
I probably didn't explain that properly but I know what I mean 😂

The threads are in a dedicated section. There's not much more I can do. The threads are locked to stop people voting in them by accident.

Hmm...

Whats the bot for the 'best club rep', as it won't come up when i try to start a conversation using best as the first word?

sorry rattling through them, but its just that one that wont come up

Whats the bot for the 'best club rep', as it won't come up when i try to start a conversation using best as the first word?

Best club rep is decided by the admin team. Because people in each region will just vote for their rep... which means busier regions are more likely to win. So it's not fair to open that one up to public voting.

Winner is chosen on how active they have been as a rep, how they have engaged with their region, any meets/events they organised or help to organise, and how active their region is when it comes to national events (like Jap Show, Yakushi, Christmas meets etc).

Think the best rep is voted for by the admin team, rather than been a public vote mate.👍

I got confused.com as to the vote / don't vote yet then mislaid my reminder...

Best club rep is decided by the admin team. Because people in each region will just vote for their rep... which means busier regions are more likely to win. So it's not fair to open that one up to public voting.

Winner is chosen on how active they have been as a rep, how they have engaged with their region, any meets/events they organised or help to organise, and how active their region is when it comes to national events (like Jap Show, Yakushi, Christmas meets etc).
Think the best rep is voted for by the admin team, rather than been a public vote mate.👍

Ah that explains it, cheers guys, i was trying to rattle through all of them, I probably should have read all the text beforehand, lol

cheers guys

Had a few votes come through. Love it when I prod you all with a stick and things get moving :D

Saying that...

When you break the votes down by category, it doesn't leave much wiggle room...

It's still VERY close amidst them all with no one clear winner. Every vote today/tomorrow is going to count.

I think the polls work really well, simple and functional... is there a way a (secretive) 1 vote only poll or something similar that could be placed at the top of each section for next years votes? It might make things easier for voters but maybe a little more work for the admins to separate out those who entered :)

Last edited:
Anything that makes it easier is right up my street Robin. It is not down to apathy that I haven't voted, it is my poor navigational skills. What seems to come naturally to the younger generation re I.T. (and that is probably most of the membership) gives me brain fog.

When I started school ,senior school at that, we still used scratch pens and had make up our own ink using powder and water. Our elderly spinster headmistress did not even let us use Biros (the devil's work) and pocket calculators were yet to be invented.

A lot has happened to the world in my lifetime. Unfortunately some of it has left me behind. :(

Back