• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

E51 scuttle clips/grommet

Elgraman

Here for life
Premium Member
Wales
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Jas
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
Anyone know where I can get some of these, pictured below? Kind of grommets/clips in the scuttle
I noticed one of mine is literally sitting there and wobbling, serving negligible purpose, and some of the others are a touch wet underneath to the touch.
They cover over holes which drop direct to the engine bay.
I actually looked on another Elgrand and there's were the same, so it might not be anything to worry about, but still, I'd like it water tight.

Cheers
(these are not pics of my Elgrand, but off the internet, but they are the same things)

1709670246876.png

1709670318341.png

Search 8mm plastic rivets.

Search 8mm plastic rivets.

I measured one just now as one of them just comes out.
Got 20mm across the diameter, 12mm the diameter of that inner circle, and the length/depth about 18mm

Maybe these would do, but have 13mm length?

Last edited:
It's the diameter of the hole you need to know, then just buy a bag and replace the lot.

It's the diameter of the hole you need to know, then just buy a bag and replace the lot.
Muppet question, but the other ones, not the one which just comes out, are they easy to remove? Do I just push them up and out?

Amazon prime next day delivery.

I only need a couple! lol

I tried that fingernail pin thing you mentioned on one of the other dodgy ones, and got it out. Thanks.
I couldn't get it back in, but managed in the end :) I didn't want just an open hole etc

Dab them with a bit of silicon grease before you put them in.
Can I use a touch of white lithium grease instead? I've got a can of that.

( I think white lithium is more for metal though)

KY jelly will do.

Back