• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

E51 Drivers seat

Tony 77

Active Newbie
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
South East
Just a quickie, my driver's seat on my 2003 Elgrand has seen better days. It's a cream leather seat. I don't suppose anyone is selling one or knows of someone who can repair it. The armrest needs a bit of attention too.
I'm in Gravesend, Kent if anyone can suggest something
Tony

Hey Tony. I ve the same issue. Seat ok but the armrest needs repair. Was tempted to take it off myself but worried about not getting it back on correctly. Did you get resolved?

Hey Tony. I ve the same issue. Seat ok but the armrest needs repair. Was tempted to take it off myself but worried about not getting it back on correctly. Did you get resolved?
I found someone selling seat covers including armrest covers. The first seat was a pain in the bottom to do as it was my first time, but the other seat was pretty straight forward. The armrest covers just zipped over, no problems there

As a cheap temporary fix for my beige leather driver's seat base wear I bought one of these from ebay;

(not from this particular seller) and they're actually quite good for only a tenner including delivery. Other colours are available.

Having a fixed front centre console I have considered finding a less worn passenger side seat base cover to fit on the driver's side - as far as I can see it would mean adding a couple of holes and two existing holes would be hidden by the console. Not sure about the complications of heating elements.

The armrest covers are easy to remove/replace - just undo the zip and undo the exposed bolt with a metric socket set. When replacing I put a polythene bag over the foam so the cover slid on better. The covers are quite complex - they could be remade by a trimmer using the original as a pattern but there's a lot of work involved.

Buying leather paint to touch up the seats, and inevitably the gear knob and steering wheel, is also straightforward from ebay but I found that the shade are hard to match with what you see on your PC screen - I bought two expecting to mix them to get the exact shade only to find I need to add black acrylic paint to get the beige shade dark enough.

Thanks Cato. I could do with the touch ups on steering wheel and gear stick as you mention. The Armrest issue is more replacement of foam or support underneath the leather. Not actually removed it yet as did not want to drop any bolts inadvertently and lose functionality.

Back