• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

E 51or E 52

chris and sha

Active Newbie
Wales
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
I have been looking at nice E51 2009, but just seen a fully spec E52 in good condition with good miles. . Any advice on if they convert well?

Am looking to convert to camper and originally went for the higher roof of the E51.

But E52 seems cheaper and with lower miles. Also has the dash converted etc. already.

Advice appreciated.

I have been looking at nice E51 2009, but just seen a fully spec E52 in good condition with good miles. . Any advice on if they convert well?

Am looking to convert to camper and originally went for the higher roof of the E51.

But E52 seems cheaper and with lower miles. Also has the dash converted etc. already.

Advice appreciated.
Controversial, but maybe check out the Toyota Hiaces at Colin Price if you're still going at the weekend. Fully converted already and naturally much more space than any E51/2
Hardly going to win 0-60mpg drag races, but maybe that's not the nature of the beast, and if the E51/2 you are considering are the 2.5L version, those won't be winning any races, either.

This subject has been mentioned in various threads. Personal choice, but E51 would be definitely more suitable for camper.
It is also more roomy and versatile

Controversial, but maybe check out the Toyota Hiaces at Colin Price if you're still going at the weekend. Fully converted already and naturally much more space than any E51/2
Hardly going to win 0-60mpg drag races, but maybe that's not the nature of the beast, and if the E51/2 you are considering are the 2.5L version, those won't be winning any races, either.
We have seen the Toyota with Colin. Wasn’t to Sharon’s liking!

We have seen the Toyota with Colin. Wasn’t to Sharon’s liking!
I haven't actually been in one, only saw them a few times standing right outside of them. I think they're funky looking things, albeit big for my meagre skills.
Did she generally not like the Hiace, it is an acquired taste, or not the internal conversion, or both?

Reactions: guf
Having owned E50, E51 and E52 it all depends on what your needs are
- E51 probably best for camper conversion (loads of good advise on this site)
-E52 more modern, more toys and much more of a driver's vehicle

Spanner in the works, for a campervan - if you can find a E50 low milage diesel in good nick at a good price go for it!

One makes a small camper the other is a big estate car 😁

Back