• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Drinks holder jammed in

Up&Dn

Premium Member
North West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
The trouble and strife or daughter...definitely no male member of the family has managed to jam the drinks holder in. I'm guessing the ashtray lid is stopping it.

Are there any access hacks to free it?

Series 3

It’s not too hard to take out and have a play.
The trim above the cup holder pulls of ( carefully)
The cubby underneath has screws securing it , usually four but I’ve heard mention someone took out six?
Once the top trim and the lower cubby are out the cup holder should pull out

It’s not too hard to take out and have a play.
The trim above the cup holder pulls of ( carefully)
The cubby underneath has screws securing it , usually four but I’ve heard mention someone took out six?
Once the top trim and the lower cubby are out the cup holder should pull out
The trim above,..is that near the compact flash thingy?

If I have a dry day over the weekend I'm going to attempt to fit one of these after market android/auto boxes which will include taking out the stereo..will that give me any further access?

Have you tried calling it some offensive names? Usually works for me on stuck things....
Who the drawer or the wife?

Ham fisted springs to mind...I keep telling her to treat her gently ...the old girl is 15 year old...I don't what that is in dog years if there is such a thing.

The trim above,..is that near the compact flash thingy?

If I have a dry day over the weekend I'm going to attempt to fit one of these after market android/auto boxes which will include taking out the stereo..will that give me any further access?
The plastic trim about one and a half inch deep directly above the drinks holder, you’ll be taking this off if taking out the original stereo to get to screws

The plastic trim about one and a half inch deep directly above the drinks holder, you’ll be taking this off if taking out the original stereo to get to screws
Thanks..I bought a trim tool set so I can put it to use.

Back