• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Deposit

I just looked on their website, and there is a 2008 black (G30) 4WD Highway Star with 70,000 miles is that the one you are going to look at?

If it is it looks fine, but of course you need to view in person. Hope it all works out.

Yes....that's the one...Silver.

72000 miles, is that within reason?

Having a few cars in the past with what most would class as high mileage I wouldn't be overly bothered. Mine has 100k and that in my opinion is very low mileage for it's age. I personally would be more worried about very low mileage as clocking is a lot easier than you think and I don't believe being parked up for long periods does a car of any mileage any good. I'd buy on service record and condition first besides I like to keep on top of things myself.

Looks tidy that

Reactions: Bal
Thank all for your replies.

I know nowt about cars really, wouldn't know where to start doing even the basics...apart from changing a wheel.

I suppose a 15 year old car, its a 58 plate, with an average of 12000 a year (Normal guidelines I think) would be 180000 or so.

I can't remember the last time I bought a car but it certainly didn't have mileage in the 70 thousands so it sounds like a lot to me.

Check the tire date and look for cracking on them.
Try and haggle for a new set if need be.

Just go and view and take it on your feeling for it on that day only. Generally cars just feel right if it's the right one. If you are not feeling it....walk away, plenty of others about 🥃

Check the tire date and look for cracking on them.
Try and haggle for a new set if need be.
Would I find that information on the tyre walls?

Reactions: Bal
Thanks.

Unfortunately due to other commitments, elderly parents, kids Saturday activities etc, and the distance to get there we're probably only going to get an hour to check everything, we are also struggling to get back again for a couple of weeks.

I won't rush into anything though and may have to walk away if we don't have enough time. I'm sort of hoping the time of year will slow down the buying market a bit to allow us to do a deal...🤞

Well we went down yesterday to look at the car and what a beauty it is.

15 years old and didn't look a day over 3 years...probably less.

Door jambs, engine bay etc absolutely spotless, couldn't find a mark on the bodywork, any dry leather seats, scuffs on the entry steps are anything. I don't know if that's as imported or as prepped by the seller but either way it was impressive.

The part-ex was a decent price but we'll probably have to sell independently. The seller agreed to hold the deposit until we try to sort something out and said he hawk it around his trade colleagues to see if anyone was interested so fingers crossed we'll get something sorted soon.

Well we went down yesterday to look at the car and what a beauty it is.

15 years old and didn't look a day over 3 years...probably less.

Door jambs, engine bay etc absolutely spotless, couldn't find a mark on the bodywork, any dry leather seats, scuffs on the entry steps are anything. I don't know if that's as imported or as prepped by the seller but either way it was impressive.

The part-ex was a decent price but we'll probably have to sell independently. The seller agreed to hold the deposit until we try to sort something out and said he hawk it around his trade colleagues to see if anyone was interested so fingers crossed we'll get something sorted soon.
Worth trying to sell yours on motorway. If you get it on today you could have offers by Tuesday evening. No obligation to sell if you don't like the price. And it won't cost you anything other than a bit of time.

Worth trying to sell yours on motorway. If you get it on today you could have offers by Tuesday evening. No obligation to sell if you don't like the price. And it won't cost you anything other than a bit of time.
Yeah, been mooching on there and similar.

Cazoo appeared the higher offer to press

Yeah, been mooching on there and similar.

Cazoo appeared the higher offer to press
Can't speak to any of the other ways to sell, I've only used motorway. You get a nominal figure when you list, but won't know the real final figure until the end of the day when all the dealers have bid. I got 1200 quid over the price I listed at.

Cheers....part 2 of busy weekend following on from a 7 hour/250 mile round trip yesterday to see the car...today my daughter is dancing at Winter Gardens Blackpool...drop her off at 1...show finishes at 9...then an hours drive back....🤦‍♂️

Back