• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Carrying space in E51 dimensions, etc..

arcascomp

Scotland
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
Scotland
Doesn't seem technical to me, but feel free to relocate this if I'm wrong. Also had a good look, but either it's not there or I've missed a previous post about this.

Before I find my perfect E51, I'm curious how big the space is in the back. I have a recumbent tricycle that almost 2m long so would be nice to know if I could get it in if I had to, used to squeeze it into the XC90 with all the seats dropped down. Also have had occasion to buy the odd 8' x 4' sheets of things, I know the original Previa/Estima's could get those in, but no idea if the Elgrand's can do it even with all seats taken out.

So, what size is the floor area from boot to back of front two seats? and what weird loads have you had in the back? :cool:

Cheers,

Craig

Two-seater sofa Woth assorted stuff on top of it.
Or
Double bed divan base and mattress.

With the middle seats still in place and being occupied -
Large office desk/drawers + two office chairs.
Or
Half a dozen large wooden dining chairs.

Cheers, and now I manage to find it straight away with a search! Dunno what was wrong with my attempts before!

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/e51-rear-internal-dimensions.38385/ if anyone else is as dumb as me!

Looking at the above discussion, it sounded like 1 or 2 8x4 foot sheets could potentially be squeezed in on the long edges - probably slightly diagonally to make the length work. Anyone actually tried this at all? would be nice to know if it could be an option when I get a mad flash of DIY to the brain!

Reactions: guf
Got to collect a 3 seater and 2 seater Sofa tonight.

Dimensions are 216cm x 94cm for the 3 seater. 196cm x 94cm for the 2 seater.

Will I get these in 1 at a time doing 2 trips?

Might fit with a bit of tetris. 3 seater in 1st and the 2 seater upside down ontop of the 3 seater.

Might fit with a bit of tetris. 3 seater in 1st and the 2 seater upside down ontop of the 3 seater.

It's only a short journey so planning on doing a trip per sofa just unsure if the 3 will go in with middle seats moved all the way forward.

Will struggle with 2nd row in actually. Even turned around im not sure itll fit in. Not with tailgate shut anyway...

I had a look at the removal of the 2nd row but I won't be home till later on today so might not have time to remove if it's a pure faff.

I had a look at the removal of the 2nd row but I won't be home till later on today so might not have time to remove if it's a pure faff.
plastic trim off and 4 bolts, you can leave the sliders in place as they are not that high. but all 3 won't be a quick job !!!!!

Left work early so will take a look when I get home. Kiwi nomad video on YouTube makes it look super easy.

Cheers, and now I manage to find it straight away with a search! Dunno what was wrong with my attempts before!

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/e51-rear-internal-dimensions.38385/ if anyone else is as dumb as me!

Looking at the above discussion, it sounded like 1 or 2 8x4 foot sheets could potentially be squeezed in on the long edges - probably slightly diagonally to make the length work. Anyone actually tried this at all? would be nice to know if it could be an option when I get a mad flash of DIY to the brain!
Deffo fit 8 x 4 sheets in between the middle seats upright

Back