• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Camping

Great vehicle for camping. Does anyone else use there Elgrand as a camper
kev
Loads of camping threads in here;

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/forums/camping-and-your-Elgrand.84/

There're three common ways:
-side conversion
-rear conversion
-no conversion

We lived with the van for a bit, so we could decide what works best for us, and went for no conversion. Means we keep the max amount of space for chilling in and will just throw a gazebo or tent/s in for camping.

Lpgc (on this forum) converted the van to LPG and fitted a thing that allows me to cook off the LPG tank. I keep a box with tiny cooker-thing, plates and utensils etc behind the rear seats, as well as a cheapy cool box instead of a fridge.

The middle seats are turned to face the rear and the space created between them & driver/front seats holds a foldup table, comfy camping chairs, large flooring-mat-thingy, windbreak and whatever else I've shoved in there.

Sleeping is in tents. Toilet stored behind rear seat and set up in pop up toilet tent thing when on site.

Windows mean poor insulation, so we have thick window cover thingies that sucker into the inside of the windows. Take up a lot of space so they live in the loft.

Longer boot struts mean I can stand under the boot lid as a temporary shelter from rain etc without hitting my head. The Mrs plans to make magnetic clip on fabric sheets/sides to turn the open boot into a mini awning.

Back