• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Best E50 - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
In order for you to enter your E50 into this award, all you need to do is post 3 pictures of your Elgrand (any pictures are OK), and post a little bit about it. You must enter your own Elgrand, this is not a nomination award.

If you are not a premium member and therefore unable to upload images, please see THIS GUIDE on how to insert a picture.

The written text about your Elgrand will need to be in the following Format

Elgrand Model: eg Highway Star
Year of Registration: eg 1998
Engine: eg 3.2 Diesel
Years Owned: eg 2 years
Modifications: eg Aftermarket Alloys, stainless steel exhaust, blue interior lights
Why you think your E50 should win: eg most reliable car I've ever owned, never let me down and always puts a smile on my face

Entries will open on 1st July, and will close on 28th July.

VOTING NOW OPEN - CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Please Enter the Username of the person you are voting for in the TITLE of the message, and repeat the username in the message text (just because you cannot send a blank message).

Voting will end on 11th August, any votes received after this date will not count.

Nominations will be tallied up and the winner announced at the live Awards Ceremony from JAE 2018 on Saturday 1st September.

The winner of this award will receive 12 months free premium membership*, and an ElgrandOC T-Shirt, personalised with their name or username, whichever is preferred.

2 Runners up will each be given 1 month free premium membership*.

* where premium membership has already been paid for, an extension will be given to the current premium membership period. If the member has signed up for an "auto-renewal" of premium membership, they will be issued a £12 refund from the club.

Last edited:
ENTRIES NOW OPEN

EVERYONE EHO ENTERS GETS A PRIZE, SO YOU CAN'T LOSE BY ENTERING.

GOOD LUCK ALL

Reactions: E50
FB_IMG_1530217260597.jpg20180608_145546.jpg20180301_104145.jpg
Ill start the ball rolling then. This is my 1998 3.2d homy camper conversion. Ive had it for just over a year and have not had chance to do any modifications apart from blue led heater as its all been sorting original stuff out, its had new discs, pads, shocks and thermostat, waxoiled underneath, full respray of tailgate and touch ups on body work. It has however been camped out in in the snow in the peaks, the beach in wales, down to devon, along the east coast on the cliffs and never faulted once. I never set out to own an Elgrand, i was after a camper and when this one came up with a bit of internet digging finding out about it and the reliability of the engine i bravely/foolishly brought it without even seeing it then set off from nottingham to brighton to fetch it. Now with the help of the cracking people on here its slowly getting back to its former glory whilst allowing me and the daughter (wife hates it!) to potter around the country

Elgrand E50, 2000 x redg,
owned 2 yrs,
flew thru past two mots.
blue led step lights, red led tail and brake and white led fronts with amber side leds,
7" tail pipe exhaust, 18" alloys
blue dash and interior lighting
pioneer dvd / stereo,
never missed a beat with a 3.5 v6 petrol engine

lights.jpg20171015_185827.jpg20170811_153255.jpg

Last edited:
this is my e50 3.3 v6 1999 rider .ive owned it nearly a year .mods done are candy red wheels .lpg conversion by lpgc. updated double din stereo .allnew fli speakers . rear screen print too. been to a few car meets with it .also Elgrand meet at blackpool lights last october which was awesome long trip up to the highlands .constant stunning views with 7 of us on board .1900miles in 4 days .also. even with inspiring campers to shell island that was great .got some grayston spring assisters to fit on the rear but can’t do them at the mo due to a bad back .love the power of racing past v dubs whilst they stare in amazement .love the van to bits as does everyone who sees or rides in it . more mods and maybe a camper conversion to come ( if i can persuade the mrs to let me do it .she loves the 7 seat take out all the family thing of the van ).not forgetting the spoiler kindly given to me by malcolmyz85
thanks from neil

783DEC57-90D1-448C-8B51-9D13C8FBD245.jpeg

4D6213AF-0553-425D-A599-6FF7B98A7BA3.jpeg

87C56D95-F5A7-49D7-A1D2-BF781D8FB3AD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Elgrand Model: E50 Model X
Year of Registration: 2001
Engine: 3.5 v6
Years Owned: 2.5 years

Modifications: Kenstyle and Impul bodystyling with custom paint , HKS coilovers, Zeus Zelieus Exhaust, 20in SSR Vienna Dish 2 wheels, rotating seats, aftermarket removable steering wheel, colour coded trim, VIP dash table, led light package, led dash lights, purple led mood lighting, UV led strip lighting, day van conversion, carPC and multimedia install, custom embossed cream leather seat covers, painted calipers and drums, purple spike valve caps

Why you think your E50 should win: It's purpletastic!! :)

FB_IMG_1530654215683.jpgFB_IMG_1530485357445.jpgFB_IMG_1530654192959.jpg

Elgrand Model: X
Engine: VQ35 3.5 V6
Years Owned: 1.5 Years

Modifications: Lowered (to bump stops) on Tein Coilovers, EDFC Dampening controller for suspension, 20" Work LS105 Chrome Wheels, Tailgate Spoiler (top), Pioneer AVH-X2500-BT Head Unit, Pheonix Gold component speakers in front, JL JX1000 Amplifier powering 2x Alpine Type R Subs (1000w RMS), Eonon 15" HD Rear flip down monitor, Aftermarket Steering wheel & Boss Kit, Vinyl wrapped Centre Console. Unknown aftermarket stainless system with twin 3" tail pipes and LED Rear Lights.

Why you think your E50 should win: I think it should win because it has not been "overly" modified, but has been "improved". Externally, simply lowered and some nice Chrome wheels just give it a clean, simple, head turning look. I use my Elgrand as a daily driver and have never had an issue, even though the snow we had this winter.

Kumo 2.jpg

Kumo 1.jpeg

Kumo 3.jpg

Elgrand E50 : Caravan V (4 x 4 )
1998 :162k
3.2 TD QD32
Owned: 5 & half years.

Pretty bog standard,major modification = led reversing lamps !!

Highly unlikely winner,but maybe "Bertha" should because of the Led Zeppelin/Pink Floyd homage :cool::cool:image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Elgrand E50 2002 "Flo"
Last of the E50 Rider model 3.0D
Camper conversion

I've had her 4 years now mechanically sound never let me down passed 4 mots without any advisories.
What have I changed
converted to full camper inc pop top roof
new 18" alloys,bonnet spoiler,
rechrome upper and lower front grills ,
led bulbs all round inside and out,
rechrome Rider stripes ,rare chrome widow garnish, chrome light surrounds,
rare piano black interior and much much more .

Why should Flo win , well she was featured in the first ElgrandOC magazine , I am very proud to be an Elgrand owner they are awsome machines she represents this club with pride and is a great example .
20170531_165727-1.jpg20170630_190015.jpg20170531_165738-1.jpg

Hi all,
Our beloved E50 has been the best and most reliable vehicle we have ever owned and hasn't ever let us down (touch wood).

I try to use genuine parts where possible and it has been meticulously maintained by myself and Nissan Master Technician Sly and his team at Kaizer Motor in Rochester, Kent.

I never get tired of people asking me what the make and model is, LoL.

Elgrand Model: E50 4WD Highway Star Limited Edition (ATWE50)
Engine: 3.0 Diesel ZD30DDTI
Years Owned: 4 happy years
Modifications:
Oil catch can
Alpine DVA-9861Ri DVD head-unit with front and rear screens plus a Pure Highway 300Di DAB+ unit
LED interior and exterior lights
Rear Parking Sensors
Amateur Radio Transceiver for the HF/VHF/UHF bands connected to 2 roof mounted antenna's

She also came with factory fitted Xenon headlights and twin sunroofs

The reason we believe our Elgrand should win is that she is a great example of an OEM spec E50, and looks as good as when she left the showroom in 2001.

A big thank you to everybody who contributes to our great club, it has been a constant source of invaluable information.

Nissan Elgrand (4).JPGNissan Elgrand (11).JPGNissan Elgrand (2).JPG

Highway Star
3.2 diesel
2 years
Pop top, 4berth full camper, Airtronic/Eberspacher night heater, map sensor enhancer, remote controlled dvd/cd player monitor after market alloys, rear air assisted suspension, reversing camera, parking sensors, front/rear monitoring cameras, towing hitch, privacy glass, LED dash back lights.
It’s not pristine but it’s a very nice bit of kit. ITS HAD A MAKEOVER!

Attachments

• 5D008796-0A9E-40CA-B839-768D996C544D.jpeg
    5D008796-0A9E-40CA-B839-768D996C544D.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 10
  • A8C9F3DB-FCD4-4C19-BD72-E41C6B80D6A4.jpeg
    A8C9F3DB-FCD4-4C19-BD72-E41C6B80D6A4.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 36F1EA0D-8170-49C0-AC33-26FE7739D6FB.jpeg
    36F1EA0D-8170-49C0-AC33-26FE7739D6FB.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Oh. What's the point...........no chance with previous contenders but here goes:p.

Elgrand Model: Homy X
Year of Registration: 1997
Engine: 3.2 Diesel
Years Owned: 3 years
Modifications: Aftermarket Alloys, flip down DVD, pop up Sat nav, green interior lights, reverse camera, stereo upgrade.
Why you think your E50 should win: It's not is it. But for the record it's been the most reliable car I've ever had, it's made and continues to make family memories that will last in our kids minds and it's brought me on here where I feel like I'm amongst friends even though I've never met any of you! Hey, it's the taking part that matters.

j8mdtv.jpg

e1ci7t.jpg

2nal542.jpg

Elgrand Model: X-Limited
Year of Registration: 2000
Engine: 3.5 V6 VQ35
Owned: 2 Weeks!
Modifications: 20" Speedy Adrenaline Rims (Not Yet Fitted)
To Be Completed: Restoration of all available original parts and function, Find replacement tailgate mirror, Sound system upgrade

Why you think your E50 should win: Lets be honest, I just bought her 2 weeks ago, She is missing some obvious parts and have done very little, I'm not going to win. But she is a very nicely maintained example that is mostly stock and almost complete, maybe some will like her for that, So may as well enter the first annual! Hopefully next year I will have a chance :)

I think it is a fantastic vehicle, very comfortable, plenty of room, heaps of power and a pleasure to drive. Puts a smile on my face and I can't see me ever letting it go, but I do see me buying another newer model as prices come down :D

65fa99f875d4f85fd925e69427d20b56.3.jpg

5f01528f37eb8c2684cde776d24cdb23.3.jpg

93d53159733a3ab44b1bf91f1d668392.3.jpg

ADMIN EDIT: Reduced to 3 pictures

Elgrand Model: E50 Homy or caravan....
Year of Registration: 1999
Engine: 3.3 V6 VG33E
Owned: 7 years
Modifications:
Full bodykit by Fabulous Inc front and rear bumpers, side skirts, side panel infills And lower boot trim.
Rear top level spoiler.
Rear mid level deck spoiler.
Front bonnet aero spoiler.
Custom made front grill.
Wing mirror lids.
17" Lodio drive split rims by superstar wheels painted in drift gold.
Front calipers painted blue.
Stainless steel free flow back box with twin pipes.
HKS performance air filter.
Brembo brake pad upgrade.
JDM quick release bumper mounts in gold.
Gold mesh to grill and bumper vents.
Black sun strip.
Personalised reg plate.
Full Interior seat covers in black made by Fabulous.
Interior wood trim panels painted in black and silver glitter.
Dash lights in blue.
Interior lights in blue.
Kenwood stereo.
Speaker upgrade to Pioneer and Fli.
10" boot sub by Edge.
Pending Mods: (parts bought not fitted)
Rear bumper reflector led lights.
Rear light tinting.
Under floor and wheel arch lighting in blue.

Reasons your car should win:
I've had my E50 for 7 years and it gets used daily for work (full of decorating equipment) and weekends for family. It's taken me and my family on a 2500mile round trip to the south of France for the last 5 summer's and never misses a beat. No matter what I seem to put it through it comes out the other side smiling and very rarely costs me a lot in maintenance. I've spent the last 5 years modifying it, and I've done all the work myself, including spraying and fitting of parts. It's a totally one off unique example in the UK a real head turner, and i just love it 😍😍😍
Screenshot_20180712-155750.pngScreenshot_20180712-155717.pngScreenshot_20180712-155324.png

"Life's new adventure"

Elgrand Model: E50 Limited Edition 4WD
Engine: Yes 3.5 V6
Years owned: 2 months
Modifications: Almost unmodified.

"Pure and simple"

New Sony radio
Speedo sticker
Undersealed

That's it......

19,000 Miles, immaculate throughout. I use a removeable (with no tools) cooker/ bed with custom cut foam that fits over existing seats giving a full size "king size" bed.

I have taken out the back 2/3 seats. OK so I needed a spanner to do that. But they will live out, until I need them for grand children or some other event. Takes 5 minutes to remove. I'll post images of that some where else as I guess that will exceed my 3 picture allowance @Karl ?

Extra images if you are interested in details https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/rear-camper-conversion.9141/

I have never had a car I really cared about, all my cars have been "End of Life cars", most have left us on the back of a scrap truck and all the good bits taken for the donor parts for my next vehicle. But my Elgrand is different.........

I polish the bloody thing now and wash it more than once a year. Its opened a new door to mini adventures and too much time on the end of a hose.

Wedding Car (1 off), freezer mover, rubbish van, cat bed (not for long) and camper.

Why I think it should win? I don't really, just wanted to share with like minded people as most other people around here don't understand why I didn't buy a VW. But what do they know. LOL no I am like everyone else don't really care but actually YES it's my PRECIOUS !

Tstarrise.jpgsunrise.jpg
van23-2.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing special really
Highway star caravan
Once nice now corned beef tin wheels
Year of birth sometime in the ninetys
Free flow filter that makes loads of noise and not much else IMG_9895.JPGIMG_9896.JPG
IMG_9891.JPG

ADMIN EDIT: Removed additional pictures.

This is mine 98 caravan v
Basic spec done over 200000 k still running great.
Had this one two years its my 2nd one love these.lots still to do more paint,referb my old wheels,change springs off my old one as they are lower lots other things too.as you all know it never endsreceived_10213479021640175_optimized_optimized_optimized_optimized.jpg20180615_090608.jpgreceived_10213306179599232_optimized_optimized_optimized_optimized.jpg

Elgrand Model: e50 (not sure what variation, let me know if you know)
Year of Registration: 1997
Engine: 3.2 Diesel 4x4
Years Owned: 0 years (and already covered many thousand km, had many enjoyable adventures and band related activities and camped in her for a week at a time, and loved every minute)
Modifications: aftermarket alloys and Sony Bluetooth stereo, tofu delivery paint job (I was considering our band logo and colours but thought that was a sure way to get broken into, so I opted for panda colours and tofu delivery decals after fixing all the rust and dents, mainly to make it match my old car and to amuse myself, and to make the bottom half rust proof)
Reason I should win: Tofu

Attachments

• 2EC4E5BB-B7A1-48ED-88E2-7F9A2D06AB01.jpeg
    2EC4E5BB-B7A1-48ED-88E2-7F9A2D06AB01.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 21
  • E81F033A-36D0-460E-AC00-5E6C0231A606.jpeg
    E81F033A-36D0-460E-AC00-5E6C0231A606.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 22
  • B9EC8D46-1534-41CD-AB14-905EDFAB1F01.jpeg
    B9EC8D46-1534-41CD-AB14-905EDFAB1F01.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 21
Elgrand E50 2002 "Flo"
Camper conversion

I've had her 4 years now mechanically sound never let me down passed 4 mots without any advisories.
What have I changed

Why should Flo win , well she was featured in the first ElgrandOC magazine , I am very proud to be an Elgrand owner they are awsome machines she represents this club with pride and is a great example .
View attachment 6428View attachment 6429View attachment 6430
Elgrand E50 2002 "Flo"
Camper conversion

What have I changed

View attachment 6428View attachment 6429View attachment 6430
Hi. Lovely looking motor! Where did you get the Bonnet deflector? I’ve been searching everywhere with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back