• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Anyone want to see some dirty photos ?

All clean and shiny now! But heck, I need to do a deep clean on the body. There's tar and iron flecks all over the paint. The back of the van is literally ingrained and really needs claying. I've picked up loads of scratches from hedgerows but nothing too deep.
I have put more wear and tear on this van since August than I think it has had in 17 yrs in Japan! 😬

All clean and shiny now! But heck, I need to do a deep clean on the body. There's tar and iron flecks all over the paint. The back of the van is literally ingrained and really needs claying. I've picked up loads of scratches from hedgerows but nothing too deep.
I have put more wear and tear on this van since August than I think it has had in 17 yrs in Japan! 😬
De tar before clay bar .. might be worth investing in a DA polisher .. they work magic ..

View attachment 66827

This is where I get most of my power tools from. Amazing discount!🤡

Think I might wait a while though...😏
I don’t think a battery operated polisher will be upto the task to be honest.. when you have such a large paint surface on an Elgrand and when you have to go over it at least eight times each with the different pads batteries won’t last that long ..

I don’t think a battery operated polisher will be upto the task to be honest.. when you have such a large paint surface on an Elgrand and when you have to go over it at least eight times each with the different pads batteries won’t last that long ..

Very valid point! I found this out when I was using my cordless drill to clean the underneath to do the undersealing, batteries only lasted around 45 minutes each! lol
Most of the leads are a good 3 metres or more so I usually chuck the lead over my shoulder whilst polishing, that way it doesn't scratch the paintwork whilst using the DA.

Mine is totally minging now but It's going to have to wait until next week. If the weather allows I want to give it a damned good scrub, clay bar and polish.
filth.jpg

Last edited:
Mines had two washes in as many weeks which is more than it has had in the last six months.
Looking so good today I had to take a pic on the way back from picking up my eldest.
BE39B8CA-9BFF-4FBE-AAC6-88EF860A8652.jpeg

I have great faith in Makita. I've used their tools for years now. My 6ah batteries will run long enough. I know it makes sense to get corded, possibly more grunt and definitely cheaper, but I also polish porcelain and stone as part of my work so it'll get dual use. 👍🏻

Flat battery = a Flattery.

(Thread BUMP!)

Not washed mine for 3 weeks... Until this afternoon. Finished early and covered it with snow foam (polar-blast actually really good!)
Clean again but needs a good waxing.

IMG_20221110_120831.jpgIMG_20221111_123739.jpg

mines not been done for three weeks :scream::scream: will do it before next weekend as we have a meeting on Sunday

Back