• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Any tips for long journeys?

A good idea but is it really that tall? I suppose we may get a roof box which could make it more an issue.
Just saying be aware, and take a pair of aux belts too as were making a list, and checking it twice, along with the overall height...lol..

Most parts can be fairly easily obtained in the EU, though some may be more expensive than UK prices. Check out Autodoc and Mister Auto.

A good idea but is it really that tall? I suppose we may get a roof box which could make it more an issue.
It might not be overly tall compared to other vehicles you see out and about , but an Elgrand with a ‘pop top’ conversion may well exceed the height of below ground car parks in mainland Europe, which could be as low as 1.8m. Better to be safe than sorry!

Convert to LPG for cheaper fuel :p
I've had LPGs in the past and while the fuel is cheaper finding anyone to service them and get parts was always an issue. Also not sure where tanks could go without reducing useable space.

Might look further into those though

It might not be overly tall compared to other vehicles you see out and about , but an Elgrand with a ‘pop top’ conversion may well exceed the height of below ground car parks in mainland Europe, which could be as low as 1.8m. Better to be safe than sorry!
Think I'll just avoid underground car parks

Cruise control, if not already fitted. CANM8 arrives fast, is well priced and well featured 👍
I've had a look and assume this is what you mean. https://www.canm8.com/cruise-contro...-control/precision-cruise-Nissan-Elgrand.html
How complex is set up? Is it just a matter of finding the right plugs/sockets on the vehicle or is there cutting and splicing needed? Comfortable with the former, could do the latter at a push but don't like the risk it carries. I'll what else I can find on the forums too.
Thanks again

I've had a look and assume this is what you mean. https://www.canm8.com/cruise-contro...-control/precision-cruise-Nissan-Elgrand.html
How complex is set up? Is it just a matter of finding the right plugs/sockets on the vehicle or is there cutting and splicing needed? Comfortable with the former, could do the latter at a push but don't like the risk it carries. I'll what else I can find on the forums too.
Thanks again
Yeah, that's the one. I fitted mine myself and I'm crap at this stuff. The forum (and forum members) helped me through the bits I couldn't work out - the hardest part was removing the trim.

I used a piggy back fuse for power, which meant I didn't need to cut cables 👍

Last edited:
I've had LPGs in the past and while the fuel is cheaper finding anyone to service them and get parts was always an issue. Also not sure where tanks could go without reducing useable space.

Might look further into those though
Most put the tank where the spare wheel is - Simon/Lpgc's installs are worth the journey.

Services - the annual/20,000 miles service is trivially easy. 5 minute job.

The 3 year/60,000 mile service is a little fiddly, in that the filter you replace is tucked down in the engine bay so you're getting the airbox out and moving a few things out the way (plus the little rubber washer doesn't like staying in... 🙄)

Parts are no problem.

The key is to get Simon's (Lpgc, above) installs as he selects optimal and reliable components plus fits a larger tank. Makes it worth the trip to him for that, never mind the correct setup and agreement of settings that others never achieve.

LPG (& Simon) were a no-brainer for me, due to the massive cost savings.

Due to not having facilities in van l use campsites for a bit of comfort,try to stay min 3/4 days so not to spend too much time on the road.
my up coming trip l an doing several one week stay overs.I do have the luxury of no time constraints apart from the 90 day rule.
Try to "keep on trucking" as l approach 74 😁😁 .

Back