• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Antifreeze, thoughts

this is an appeal for @FEZ1997 i have his seat he bought from @lastempy anyone know if he is still on the forum or know him personally can they get in touch as he is not responding to pms I am worried it may get damaged thanks guys and gals

Hi James, I had a look but can't find any details about it being silicate and borate free. Have you got that information anywhere please?

Sorry no, it's a minefield, you do the best you can, but if Nissan is it!!!!

this is an appeal for @FEZ1997 i have his seat he bought from @lastempy anyone know if he is still on the forum or know him personally can they get in touch as he is not responding to pms I am worried it may get damaged thanks guys and gals

Searched his name buddy and I can't seem to find him anymore on the forum. :confused:

Of course I don't want anyone to put something in their bus without being sure, but someone mentioned the 350Z
Nissan's lube chart says Nissan L248 for that:

https://www-europe.Nissan-cdn.net/c...Maintenance repair/Nissan LUBE CHART 2017.pdf

In fact, it's the same coolant I had done about 1.5 years ago when I had it 'replaced' on my NISMO RS (the 5 yr service). As that's what it says on that lube chart, too, for my NISMO RS.
1715083361741.png
Still got a few litres of that, as he basically did a hose out/drain/refill which explains why the changes AFTER the first change are more frequent. They come in bigger 5L containers. I bought two, about £30 each, which I got in advance, and he used about 7L. I think the manual says it's 8L, but like I said he wouldn't have done all that distilled water flushing thing (it was a straight replacement of what was in their anyway), so I suppose the remaining 1L is the stuff still in the block etc, which gets 'mixed' with the newer stuff. I don't mind that as like I said, I'll have the next (4 instead of 5 years) replacement again when it's due

And I know this might be rubbish, but it's green, and when I checked my Elgrand's coolant on that weird 'coolant stick' it is also green in those depressions on the foot of the stick. Given my bus came with full service history, and the owner had had a big service/coolant change about 2 years ago, maybe that's what's in mine, too.

Last edited:
Of course I don't want anyone to put something in their bus without being sure, but someone mentioned the 350Z
Nissan's lube chart says Nissan L248 for that:

In fact, it's the same coolant I had done about 1.5 years ago when I had it 'replaced' on my NISMO RS (the 5 yr service)
View attachment 101709
Still got a few litres of that, as he basically did a hose out/drain/refill which explains why the changes AFTER the first change are more frequent. They come in bigger 5L containers. I bought two, about £30 each, which I got in advance, and he used about 7L. I think the manual says it's 8L, but like I said he wouldn't have done all that distilled water flushing thing (it was a straight replacement of what was in their anyway), so I suppose the remaining 1L is the stuff still in the block etc, which gets 'mixed' with the newer stuff. I don't mind that as like I said, I'll have the next replacement again when it's due

And I know this might be rubbish, but it's green, and when I checked my Elgrand's coolant on that weird 'coolant stick' it is also green in those depressions on the foot of the stick. Given my bus came with full service history, and the owner had had a big service/coolant change about 2 years ago, maybe that's what's in mine, too.

Thanks Jas.

...as it is ethylene glycol-based and free from nitrites, amines, phosphates, silicates and borates. Xstream G30 contains OAT (Organic Additive Technology) inhibitors to prevent corrosion and extend the service life of the coolant to 5 years.

OK, I've ordered some Comma Xstreme G30, having now found a description that says it is both silicate and borate free and booked it in for a full flush. Thanks for all the advice as always! :heart:

Be thankful it's not a Saab. Asking about Antifreeze in that arena is asking for a ruptured inbox...
Dexcool....but is it....

...as it is ethylene glycol-based and free from nitrites, amines, phosphates, silicates and borates. Xstream G30 contains OAT (Organic Additive Technology) inhibitors to prevent corrosion and extend the service life of the coolant to 5 years.

OK, I've ordered some Comma Xstreme G30, having now found a description that says it is both silicate and borate free and booked it in for a full flush. Thanks for all the advice as always! :heart:
I think you can only use that if you've got a black Elgrand

I put Pink stuff in mine because I liked the colour.

I’m sure it had Oats written on it.

Can you top up with a little water if it runs low?

If it runs low you have a fault but it can be topped up with deionised water in an emergency. Best bet is to keep a litre of ready mixed on your garage shelf.

In an emergency could you put normal water in it, just for a few days until flush and replace, or do you have to put deionised water in?

Years ago in my yoof I had a Mini which had a constant leak. Rather than fixing it I carried bottles of water, one time the bottles ran out and I used water from a village pond.

In an emergency could you put normal water in it, just for a few days until flush and replace, or do you have to put deionised water in?
You can get distilled water in many places I think

Some of it is even scented.

Back