• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Advice on price….

Jay Butts

E52 Owner
Premium Member
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E52
Region
Yorkshire
Hey you lot. I’ve had a price for a full, underbody Waxoyl at £595.

Is this a good price?

Did it myself back in the early 80s and wow, what a nightmare it was. Waxoyler I ain’t! 🤣🤣🤣

Seems a bit steep for waxoyl to me. I paid 150 for waxoyl on my Elgrand as a fresh import.
Guess it also depends if it needs cleaning off underneath first and then drying out as well as this will add to the costs.

Seems a bit steep for waxoyl to me. I paid 150 for waxoyl on my Elgrand as a fresh import.
Guess it also depends if it needs cleaning off underneath first and then drying out as well as this will add to the costs.
Cheers Rob, I did think it was a little steep.

I won’t know the true state of it until I pick it up on the 31st. Thing is, it’s only been in the uk 13 months so there shouldn’t be that much salt damage so now is

I might even check locally and see if someone has a rising ramp and I’ll don the gloves and overalls and do it myself! 🤣🤣🤣

If you're gonna have a go at it yourself. I would recommend looking at lanoguard. Comes as a kit with pump and gun and a lot less messy than waxoyl. Think you have to top it up yearly but i hear very good reviews about it. Think a few members on here may have used it on theirs.

If you're gonna have a go at it yourself. I would recommend looking at lanoguard. Comes as a kit with pump and gun and a lot less messy than waxoyl. Think you have to top it up yearly but i hear very good reviews about it. Think a few members on here may have used it on theirs.
I’ll look it up, cheers Rob. 👍👍👍

I’ll look it up, cheers Rob. 👍👍👍

Did the Rider with Lanoguard
Dead easy to put on.
Just like spraying water.
Loads of videos on Youtube.
I got this kit.
This
Enough to do the Elgrand twice.
After prep it only took about 30 min to apply.
My new one has been Waxoiled but I will be going over it with Lanoguard very soon and every 6 months as it's that easy and relatively cheap.
20221025_104645.jpg
20221025_104653.jpg
20221025_104700.jpg

Did the Rider with Lanoguard
Dead easy to put on.
Just like spraying water.
Loads of videos on Youtube.
I got this kit.
This
Enough to do the Elgrand twice.
After prep it only took about 30 min to apply.
My new one has been Waxoiled but I will be going over it with Lanoguard very soon and every 6 months as it's that easy and relatively cheap.
View attachment 84112
View attachment 84113
View attachment 84114
Blimey, job done. Looks like I’m following in your expertise mucker! Great job. 👍👍👍

@dognero, am I right in assuming I can spray this stuff over the entire underside and nowhere needed to be masked off? (Excluding the brake components!)

Hey you lot. I’ve had a price for a full, underbody Waxoyl at £595.

Is this a good price?

Did it myself back in the early 80s and wow, what a nightmare it was. Waxoyler I ain’t! 🤣🤣🤣
Can't remember exactly but my local garage did mine for approx £100 on a fresh import just over a year ago

we paid £400 which included prep work, although I did most of that myself just in case they forgot o_O
Thank you. I think I’m going to do the lanolin coating myself. Only about £65 and I can spray everything so barely any prep needed.

Noticed those myself well dodgy! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

He’s a man that likes living on the edge…. 👍
:laughing::laughing:
They are made of railway sleepers and 4x4.
All sectional.
Solid bit of kit.
I get the front wheels 47cm off the ground which allows me to get right to the back axle.
20200824_183402.jpg
20200824_183534.jpg
20200824_184754.jpg
20200824_184801.jpg

:laughing::laughing:
They are made of railway sleepers and 4x4.
All sectional.
Solid bit of kit.
I get the front wheels 47cm off the ground which allows me to get right to the back axle.
View attachment 84137
View attachment 84138
View attachment 84139
View attachment 84140
Railway sleepers. Mate, probably stronger than a rising ramp. Safety bloke you is! I might buy some Halfords ramps but the front of my house is gravel. I’ll have to do the job quick before it slowly sinks and crushes me, spraying wand in hand. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I used it on mine, very easy to use has a slightly sheepy smell and if you get some on the exhaust it smells like roast lamb. But it does cover well, I bought a tub of the grease as well and treated any surface rust and nuts and bolts I could see with that. Then I sprayed everything with the liquid. I haven’t been under my bus for a while but Last time I was it still looked ok. Another upside I found was before it cures, you can wash it off with hot water and soap, useful if you get carried away and get some on the discs as I did. Also you don’t need a load of protective gear on if you get it on your skin it makes it lovely and soft! I should add that I bought 5 litres and there is still a load left, enough to redo this year.

Back