• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

A novices guide to Elgrand acquisition

As said before thanks for putting this together @Stempyuno.

Such great information on this forum. So glad I signed up now. Just need to pay for premium and stop mucking about with trying to get my post count up.

This is great - thanks for putting this together. There is a lot of info out there so it can definitely seem a bit much when you're first trying to research buying!

What's everyone's thoughts on where Elgrand prices are headed? I didn't even know what an Elgrand was a month ago, so have no idea what prices were in the past, but everyone is suggesting they're very high at the moment.

Is this likely to be a permanent increase, or a temporary blip? Should I buy asap as prices will probably continue to rise, or wait until next year and see what happens??

What's everyone's thoughts on where Elgrand prices are headed? I didn't even know what an Elgrand was a month ago, so have no idea what prices were in the past, but everyone is suggesting they're very high at the moment.

Is this likely to be a permanent increase, or a temporary blip? Should I buy asap as prices will probably continue to rise, or wait until next year and see what happens??
Prices have gone up in Australia

There is a Russian proverb - "forge while the iron is hot."
If there is a possibility and a desire to buy El, then you need to buy it now.
With your prices and income, I would buy myself an El 51 4x4 2.5L. ))) a little 5cm lift and would be happy)

There is also an English proverb that says "fools jump in where angels fear to tread" ;)

A 'Grand in the hand is worth two in the bush (boat)?

Buying an import unseen is very brave. I've just bought one from London unseen and had it delivered (At the bottom end of the price range) and that gave me the jitters!!

Buying an import unseen is very brave. I've just bought one from London unseen and had it delivered (At the bottom end of the price range) and that gave me the jitters!!
Yeah that is right Robson... I know enough about this dealer to know that they value their excellent reputation and so far they have dealt with me very well. I think I've got a good van and I can still change my mind with the promise of a full refund.

Are you happy with your purchase now? Hope so 😊🌷

There is a Russian proverb - "forge while the iron is hot."
If there is a possibility and a desire to buy El, then you need to buy it now.
With your prices and income, I would buy myself an El 51 4x4 2.5L. ))) a little 5cm lift and would be happy)
Sorry to be thick, but is the 5cm lift to do with the suspension??

Yeah that is right Robson... I know enough about this dealer to know that they value their excellent reputation and so far they have dealt with me very well. I think I've got a good van and I can still change my mind with the promise of a full refund.

Are you happy with your purchase now? Hope so 😊🌷

we will see!! It needs an alternator belt before anything so I’ll know more when that’s done!

Back